MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  Light Rain Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

It's official: Jeff Peronto done at MATC after 36 years

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

It's official: Jeff Peronto done at MATC after 36 years

Postby rek » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:42 am

Jeff Peronto, conductor of the MATC municipal band and community jazz band for the last thirty-some years will not be back. A search for his replacement is underway. Stop in at the site and leave a comment: give your thanks and show him some love. He deserves it and will really appreciate it. Forward the news to all the others that have worked with him, or played in his groups over the years. Jeff will be checking the site as he approved releasing the news, and is working on a piece summing up his years at MATC that will be posted later on the site.

MadisonJazz
rek

Re: It's official: Jeff Peronto done at MATC after 36 years

Postby rek » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Jeff posted an article to the site today, "Looking back - part one." There also is a related article about the possible demolition of the MATC Mitby theater (today's State Journal also has an article about it).

Madison Jazz
rek

Re: It's official: Jeff Peronto done at MATC after 36 years

Postby supaunknown » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Had him and Steve Morgan as my main music teachers when I went there. Took pretty much all of MATC's music classes until I realized I needed a degree in something a little more financially viable. Then decided on ViCom for some reason.

Jeff was a nice man. Good music theory teacher too.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Madison Music