MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 64.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

The Horde

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

The Horde

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:27 am

Did anyone else have their faces ripped off by The Horde last night when they played second on a bill of four at the Frequency last night? Somewhere between high velocity sonic violence of Slayer, crushing heavy riffs of Weedeater and dramatic Viking black metal of Bathory. With a drummer who is a monster and two gigantic fat bearded dudes shredding on pointy guitars. It's been a couple years since a metal band unexpectedly blew my head off in such a way. This band needs to be playing Madison regularly.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Horde

Postby juanton » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:20 am

Who knew the Quad Cities area could produce such evil? I didn't see the show, obviously, yet their Myspace page takes me right back to 1989 and in a good way. Juanton owned a pointy Washburn guitar back then.

Damn, I've been feeling nostalgic for the metal lately.
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Horde

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:30 am

juanton wrote:Who knew the Quad Cities area could produce such evil? I didn't see the show, obviously, yet their Myspace page takes me right back to 1989 and in a good way.

What's even cooler is that they are from "Rock Island, IL". The only thing that could be awesomer is if they could move to "Metal Island, IL" or something.

juanton wrote: Juanton owned a pointy Washburn guitar back then.

Damn, I've been feeling nostalgic for the metal lately.

Well then you are more than halfway there. Consider becoming a giant fat dude with a big ass beard. It's a good look if you are playing viking metal.

They are playing Appleton on 4/25. I already emailed the Horde to see if I can get them to play Madison of Fri 4/24. The drunken reprobates at the Wisco would eat that shit up on a Friday night.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Madison Music