MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 47.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Musicians eat it again for the Brats..

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Re: Musicians eat it again for the Brats..

Postby Average Joe » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:19 pm

zippy wrote:No actually I kid Madison musicians are stupid enough to do it without being forced to!

As long as you're calling others stupid, let me correct your sentence. It should read; "No, actually, I kid. Madison musicians are stupid enough to do so without being forced!".
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby zippy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Oh good grief. Another bored Isthmus writer correcting syntax.
Don't you guys have any articles to write where you get paid for your time? Oh yeah I forgot you are artists so you write for free.
Isn't that what the Isthmus whispers in your ear anyway? LOL!
zippy
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:14 pm

zippy wrote:LOL!

No comment.

Wait, I do have a comment. Middle school.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby zippy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Wow pulling out the big guns now hey Henry.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!
zippy
Forum Addict

Postby Average Joe » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:27 pm

zippy wrote:Oh good grief. Another bored Isthmus writer correcting syntax.
Don't you guys have any articles to write where you get paid for your time? Oh yeah I forgot you are artists so you write for free.

Well, zippy, your sentence was so poorly constructed that it took a twice read to figure out what you were trying to say. If you're going to belittle others for being "stupid" then you should at least be intelligent enough to properly construct a sentence to effectively articulate your insult.
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby zippy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Average Joe wrote:
zippy wrote:Oh good grief. Another bored Isthmus writer correcting syntax.

Well, zippy, your sentence was so poorly constructed that it took a twice read to figure out what you were trying to say. If you're going to belittle others for being "stupid" then you should at least be intelligent enough to properly construct a sentence to effectively articulate your insult.

Well here are some examples of your wonderfully articulate style.
From a search of some of your pearls of wisdom.How about this one?
"Obama and Democratic leadership though it was prudent to save GM.
I guess this means your stupid ?
Come on this is the most lame and pathetic argument anyone can put out on an internet board.
zippy
Forum Addict

Postby Average Joe » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:27 pm

zippy wrote: Well here are some examples of your wonderfully articulate style.
Come on this is the most lame and pathetic argument anyone can put out on an internet board.

"Some" is plural, you cited only one example where I dropped an article. You then go on to once more slaughter proper punctuation and grammar. While I agree being pedantic in regards to the proper use of language can be tiresome, it is markedly less absurd than your repeated and bizarre screed about musician pay and volunteerism. Face it, zip, you get paid for what you are worth. If you're getting paid shit, it has nothing to do with what other musicians are doing.
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby zippy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Average Joe wrote:
zippy wrote: Well here are some examples of your wonderfully articulate style.

"Some" is plural, you cited only one example where I dropped an article. You then go on to once more slaughter proper punctuation and grammar. While I agree being pedantic in regards to the proper use of language can be tiresome, it is markedly less absurd than your repeated and bizarre screed about musician pay and volunteerism. Face it, zip, you get paid for what you are worth. If you're getting paid shit, it has nothing to do with what other musicians are doing.

Yes I had another example of a sentence that would not pass muster from the Average Joe school of nitpicking. But it wasn't worth the effort for me to type it out. This kind or "argument" is the type right wing idiots resort to when caught in a losing position. I expected better from you. Then you go on to be an ass by assuming you know anything about how much I get paid and further go on to make the idiotic statement that people get paid what they are worth. REALLY? You want to stand behind that? Talk about absurd and stupid. AND you do not seem to understand basic word meanings like the difference between volunteerism and GETTING PAID either. How does someone so intelligent miss that?
zippy
Forum Addict

Postby Average Joe » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Zippy, if you're trying to "burn" someone by suggesting they do not comprehend a language you should first know and understand what was said in the first place. Go back and re-read the posts. If your ability to read and write the English language is a reflection of your ability to read and write music, I now understand your frustration.
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby zippy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:02 am

:roll:
zippy
Forum Addict

Postby chainsawcurtis » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:15 am

Just cuz this thread's not quite long enough and needed a relevant posting -

http://www.thedailypage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49676
chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby zippy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:17 pm

Average Joe wrote:Zippy, if you're trying to "burn" someone by suggesting they do not comprehend a language you should first know and understand what was said in the first place. Go back and re-read the posts. If your ability to read and write the English language is a reflection of your ability to read and write music, I now understand your frustration.

So is your position now? That actually only musicians who read and write music are able to comprehend it? The Beatles, Hendrix, the Stones just to name a few are all musical babblers? Were they all frustrated because they could not read or write music? In your funny attempt to "burn " me thats just what you implied.Give it up Joe you just keep digging a bigger hole for yourself. Or keep going its very entertaining!
zippy
Forum Addict

Postby zippy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:20 pm

By the way the question is STILL.......
Why musicians should be asked to play for free at a charity event where everybody else is getting paid!
zippy
Forum Addict

Postby Average Joe » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:39 pm

zippy wrote:Give it up Joe you just keep digging a bigger hole for yourself.

:roll:

Exactly how am I digging a hole for myself, zippy? I have no vested interest in your ignorance or your inane rants. But I do enjoy taking advantage of your obvious need to always try and get in the last word. It provides the perfect opportunity to allow you to further embarrass yourself, time and time again.
Last edited by Average Joe on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:58 pm

zippy wrote:By the way the question is STILL.......
Why musicians should be asked to play for free at a charity event where everybody else is getting paid!

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Madison Music