MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 59.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Garbage 4.0?

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Garbage 4.0?

Postby jackisonian » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:43 pm

I consider this good for the locaI scene. I wonder where they will record since she doesn't like Madison? With no Momo where will they drink?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musi ... 86610.html
Manson Confirms Garbage Return

Saturday 30th October 2010 - 14:00:00

Shirley Manson has confirmed she has reunited Garbage to work on the band's first new album in five years.

The rocker swapped music for acting in 2008 after landing a role in U.S. TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

She recently hinted at a return to her roots by admitting she missed singing, and now she has thrilled fans by revealing a Garbage record is in the works.

It's the first one in a long time

Manson tells the Herald Scotland, "I'm working on a record right now with the band. We've recorded quite a lot but it's difficult to quantify. It's the first one in a long time. I took about five years off. I'd like to do some touring next year."
jackisonian
Forum Addict

Re: Garbage 4.0?

Postby MadMind75 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:45 am

I've always found it both funny & tragic that the one member who was plucked to be their lead singer like a winner of a competitive television show, the semi-sexy but odd looking foreign chick Shirley Manson, who doesn't like Madison, is the one who made Garbage famous. Not saying that the guys aren't talented and all, but c'mon.
I'm halfway surprised she didn't go solo and do pop music like Gwen Stefani, but I guess she wanted to "act" instead :roll:
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby defactobrigade » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:44 pm

I used to play bass for Garbage....it was just alright...
defactobrigade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ko-Kayne » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:31 am

defactobrigade wrote:I used to play bass for Garbage....it was just alright...

it was more than alright, you ungrateful bass player.

is that how you got that Grammy nom?
ko-Kayne
Forum Addict

Postby defactobrigade » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:05 am

ko-Kayne wrote:
defactobrigade wrote:I used to play bass for Garbage....it was just alright...

it was more than alright, you ungrateful bass player.

is that how you got that Grammy nom?

Oh we never won a grammy? News to me.
defactobrigade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby defactobrigade » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:09 am

MadMind75 wrote:I'm halfway surprised she didn't go solo and do pop music like Gwen Stefani, but I guess she wanted to "act" instead :roll:

true dat.
but let's be honest here:
No Doubt > Garbage

just sayin....
defactobrigade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby defactobrigade » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:11 am

also. true story about garbage. I saw duke at a show at the King Club Cats Not Dogs was playing. I asked to shake his hand. he refused. then promptly left the club with his entourage.

Years later I swore it was him walking down Willy St. while heather and I were driving to practice. I got out the window and yelled "Hey DUKE!" and gave him two birds. Dude turns and is totally NOT duke.
awesome. BEST look on that guys face.
defactobrigade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:43 pm

defactobrigade wrote:also. true story about garbage. I saw duke at a show at the King Club Cats Not Dogs was playing. I asked to shake his hand. he refused. then promptly left the club with his entourage.

Maybe he just didn't like you, for some reason.

defactobrigade wrote:Years later I swore it was him walking down Willy St. while heather and I were driving to practice. I got out the window and yelled "Hey DUKE!" and gave him two birds. Dude turns and is totally NOT duke.
awesome. BEST look on that guys face.

No, that can't be it.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Trying to recall if I've ever refused to shake someone's hand ... I don't think so. Even when I ran into a former high school bully at the Nickel, I still shook his hand and wished him well. Fucker.

I've gotten the high hat a few times from folks in the local scene. Big shots in cow town no doubt. The worst is receiving some blankly dismissive stare into the distance. Hello! I'm standing right in front of you! LOVE ME!!!
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Madison Music