MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 18.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Curious about craigslist

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Re: Curious about craigslist

Postby Thomatc » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:02 am

I have bought and sold many guitars and amplifiers on CL. Even search Milwaukee, Appleton etc. I constantly scan the listings.
Thomatc

Postby Scott » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:59 pm

I've bought and sold some music stuff through Craigslist, never any problems. Just got a nice deal on a Pro Tools studio setup.

The new place to check out for cheap stuff is Pawn America over by East Towne, especially if you're looking for pedals, bass heads, and the like. Don't be afraid to negotiate.

Cheers!
Scott
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bluehead » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:54 am

Not only have I bought and sold vintage and rare guitars and amps repeatedly without any problems but Craiglist was the most important factor in finding, busting and convicting The musical instrument thief (Andrew Uitz...now known as suzi in state prison) that robbed my rehearsal space and took off with $6000 worth of equipment. Just be careful of the way you buy and sell on it...bad stuff happens to the misinformed here as well as any where else in the world. Worked great for me...not so great for Suzi.
Bluehead
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Madison Music