MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, March 6, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 5.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Opening Bands Needed for High Noon Show

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

Opening Bands Needed for High Noon Show

Postby Mark Lint » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi, our band, New People (http://www.newpeopleband.com), which is a rock/power-pop thing, is having our CD release party (meaning we will bug the press and try to get people to come out more than usual) at the High Noon on Wednesday, Feb. 9th.

This came to us at rather short notice, and we're looking to recommend opening bands for Cathy to slot in with us. I'm not terribly concerned that the style is the same as ours so long as the audiences might overlap (i.e. tasteful, energetic stuff).

Please e-mail me ASAP if interested: mark@marklint.com. Naturally, we're looking for a band with some ability to bring in people on a Wednesday night. Your slot would likely be at 9pm or 8pm; we may have room for more than one band. I don't know what the money situation would be for the show at this point, but certainly we're willing to share the door to the extent that you bring in people.

Thanks,

-Mark Lint
http://www.newpeopleband.com
Mark Lint

Re: Opening Bands Needed for High Noon Show

Postby Mark Lint » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks for the replies; this need is filled.

The lineup:

Brian Daly from Sunshine for the Blind
BLAMM-O
A Minute Jack Forum
New People
Mark Lint

Return to Madison Music