Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
- Mikko Utevsky had the performance of the night.
- Mr. Urban did a great job, as usual.
- Lots of sound issues in the beginning but eventually the engineer worked it out.
- Is it right to have the awards director continually nominated for awards and win?
- Best moment: Granny Tranny Techno wins Best Electronic Song
- 2nd best moment: seeing various people think the awards are more than just a good time for the musicians of Madison and the kids it benefits. Win or lose, no tears ought to be shed.
- Worst moment: the laughing ladies during the moment of silence.
I may come off as being negative but I'm just being honest. I did enjoy myself and I appreciate the hard work that clearly went into it all. What are your thoughts?
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:07 pm
I was a little confused why was Gabe allowed 2 songs and why was his second song a Christmas song. I think if they were going to give two songs to anyone they should have given a second song to kicksville because their group was more diverse and really jammed. But I also didn't understand why a pig is kissing a girl and stealing her wallet.
Maybe I have sour grapes but another thing I didn't understand is why this year they had the Unique Artist presented an award on stage but the 2 years I won it it wasn't presented on stage. Also I find it odd that any new talent that comes along gets to play the stage but I have never gotten to play the stage even though I have won 6 MAMAS. But I do think the person who won the Unique Award was very good and I did enjoy Anne's performance. I just don't understand who decides these things.
- Forum God/Goddess
- Posts: 571
- Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:08 pm
- Location: State street in Madison,Wisconsin
Return to Madison Music
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest