MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, November 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 19.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Bob Mould performing "Copper Blue"

Music news, rumors, what you're listening to, how you're listening to it and whether it's all on the up-and-up.

Postby pjbogart » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:29 am

Overall I'd say Summerfest is kind of a bust this year and isn't even receiving much mention in articles about summer music festivals, but Bob Mould performing Copper Blue in its entirety would definitely be worth the price of admission.

That is, unless he loses his voice and random members of the audience sing the album for him.

July 3rd, 10pm. Shit, in the Leinenkugel's tent, to boot. They're really trying to rope me into this one.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Bob Mould performing "Copper Blue"

Postby Marvell » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:42 am

Now if only he'd perform Flip Your Wig.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Copper Blue is an amazing album. 20 years later, I still listen to it a few times a month. It's from Ryko, which it seems to me put out their albums on sturdier than normal compact discs in sturdier than normal jewel boxes.

When I need to GSD at work, nothing does it better than Copper Blue for some reason. I am terrified by the idea of going to Summerfest on July 3, but I might just have to do it for this one so I can commune with my fellow Gen Xers and scream out the lyrics of "Hoover Dam" until I start hacking up my lungs.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jammybastard » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:49 pm

pjbogart wrote:Overall I'd say Summerfest is kind of a bust this year and isn't even receiving much mention in articles about summer music festivals...

that's because SF is a small regional festival and does not advertise itself nationally. their concern is maintaining beer sales, not competing with Coachella or Lollapalooza.
jammybastard
Forum God/Goddess

Return to General Music