MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, October 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 61.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

CONCERT: The Werks @ Majestic Theatre 11/29/2012

Music news, rumors, what you're listening to, how you're listening to it and whether it's all on the up-and-up.

CONCERT: The Werks @ Majestic Theatre 11/29/2012

Postby friedguy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 pm

I wish I were able to attend this because these guys are awesome but I'm all the way in Georgia unfortunately.

This band is truly one of the up and coming greats.

Everyone needs to go out and see them, you will not be disappointed.

From their facebook page:

The Werks have quickly emerged as a national powerhouse. As a result of their eclectic individual influences, The Werks produce a dance party that can be appreciated by a majority of musical tastes. Fusing the psychedelic shredding guitar and screaming organ of jam and classic rock with funk slap bass, synthesizers, and modern dance beats, The Werks create their own style of music entitled "Psychedelic Dance Rock". Their unique style of performing is affected and manipulated by the energy of the audience, guaranteeing that each show will be different and memorable.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/434472159944507/

friedguy

Re: CONCERT: The Werks @ Majestic Theatre 11/29/2012

Postby Mean Scenester » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:55 pm

As a result of their eclectic individual influences, The Werks produce a dance party that can be appreciated by a majority of musical tastes.

Or none. Seems to me the jury's probably out on this "national powerhouse" if they need lackeys to promote their shows on local web boards.

Fusing the psychedelic shredding guitar and screaming organ of jam and classic rock with funk slap bass, synthesizers, and modern dance beats, The Werks create their own style of music entitled "Psychedelic Dance Rock".

I would so love to see that. Unfortunately, this is the night I've set aside for holding a hairdryer directly up to my ear for 45 minutes straight on the highest setting followed by a thorough belt-sanding of my kneecaps and lethal fistful of barbiturates to take the edge off. Come to think of it, not so different an experience from the sound of things, other than that I won't be paying a cover charge.

Their unique style of performing is affected and manipulated by the energy of the audience, guaranteeing that each show will be different and memorable.

Is that "different" as in "midwest different"? You know, the kind of backhanded compliment people give when they see the ugly new sofa you paid a small ransom for?

"Like my new sofa?"

"Um ... yeah, that's really different."

Indeed. Different than one someone with taste might have chosen.

Amazing. I've never even heard The Werks and they're already my new least favorite band!

p.s. Get your Facebook out of my Assbook, Sweet Georgia Brown Nose.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Re: CONCERT: The Werks @ Majestic Theatre 11/29/2012

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 pm

friedguy wrote:The Werks create their own style of music entitled "Psychedelic Dance Rock".

If only someone, somewhere, sometime, had thought to incorporate psychedelia and dance music... they could have called it Danceadelic or Psychafunk... or I dunno... there's gotta be a good name in there somewhere...
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Return to General Music