Collapse Photo Bar

Anyone been to "The Brink Lounge?"

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Anyone been to "The Brink Lounge?"

Postby anaranjado » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:28 pm

Any reviews?
anaranjado

Postby The Center Square » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:15 am

The logo for that place looks like an Oscar Mayer product.
The Center Square
Forum Addict

Location: Above Phyllis Diller & next to Waylan Flowers & Madame

Postby christopher_robin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:21 am

My review:
http://www.madison.com/post/blogs/freshfoods/86947

The short version:

Lame.
christopher_robin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby oranger » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:36 am

christopher_robin wrote:My review:
http://www.madison.com/post/blogs/freshfoods/86947

The short version:

Lame.

Ouch. I looked in the window and I saw it had a stage. I must admit it seems like over-kill for the building. I can't go in until I know if they serve ANY beer for under $3. I have my standards.
oranger
Forum Addict

Postby blunt » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:25 pm

Curt Brink will soon be charging Cathy at High Noon and the Brass Ring higher rent because this ego-trip stupiud foo-foo club will never fly.
Too bad, because (like Madison's) it's needed flypaper to catch pretentious dweebs and keep them from hanging out in the cool bars.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:25 pm

YEAH! Fuck curt brink and the big car he rode up in! Fuck him and how dare he open his own club in his own building, the same building that he made happen and that provided the space that cathy needed. Fuck all those people who own something other than a T-shirt and jeans. I'll stick with all the cool little eastside bars. God knows you never find any cooler-than-thou pretentiousness on willy or west main!!
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby @wood » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:33 pm

Can you say "bad taste" and "way out of touch." I just say "yuck." Learn from the other tenants. It could be cool down there, if you spray paint everything black.
@wood
Forum Addict

Postby narcoleptish » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:10 pm

it ain't really my cup o tea either but the guy found a way to put together an entertainment destination with hopefully something for everyone. Why shouldn't he be able to open a place that he would hang out at. Yeah, it's too big and I wish some of that space could have been turned into a dark little date bar ala the old barber's closet, but oh well......
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:43 pm

Cut down on the meth, narc.
I wasn't dissing the manifest destiny of covering every square inch of earth with cement or meglomania, it's just than wine/jazz bars never work.
And from your blustery indignation, you seem exactly the type to thankfully get stuck forever on his flystrip.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:41 am

but..but...I'm cool! I live on the eastside..I..I..I shop at st. vinnies, yeah and I ride an antique bike...and..I, um..I've got a Mac for christ sake!!

What more do I need???

meth..who's got meth?? WHERE?.....
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lonesomejohnny » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:44 pm

narcoleptish wrote:...yeah and I ride an antique bike...

Hey! Leave me out of this!
lonesomejohnny
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Nicole » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:40 pm

I've tried out the Brink on two separate occasions and won't be returning. It feels like drinking in a hotel lobby, the drinks are expensive, the "food" sucks, and for the most part the music is lame.

The only people who really seemed to be enjoying it were an older couple with a bottle of champagne.

I did see Orange guy there on a date though... he was normally dressed except for the trademark flip-flops. I almost didn't recognize him until I saw the footwear.
Nicole

Postby LoopBo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:30 pm

Nicole wrote:I've tried out the Brink on two separate occasions and won't be returning. It feels like drinking in a hotel lobby, the drinks are expensive, the "food" sucks, and for the most part the music is lame.

The only people who really seemed to be enjoying it were an older couple with a bottle of champagne.

I did see Orange guy there on a date though... he was normally dressed except for the trademark flip-flops. I almost didn't recognize him until I saw the footwear.

Please change the title of this thread to "Orange Guy Sells Out!"
LoopBo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Slick Willy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:28 pm

Yeah, my friends and I walked inside -nobody- ordered a drink, and asked if we could order some food. The bartender told us that they only served cheese and crackers..cheese..and crackers!?...ookayy, so we figured we'd sit outside with our drinks and order some food from the Brass Ring, but first we wanted to check out the rest of the place. We began walking towards the door that led upstairs, and along the way we were walking on carpeting and then over an area rug, which just seemed kind of weird to me being in a bar and all, but I just couldn't put my finger on what it was. I can see why the hotel lobby feel came to mind for some people, but that wasn't quite it for me. We got to the second floor -nobody- and looked around. The place was really nice with comfortable furniture, plush carpets, and big/fancy TV's all around, although I didn't feel like I was in a bar. We looked up and saw an open area on a third floor. We went up there -nobody- and saw more carpeting, comfy furniture, and TV's. I asked my friends what kind of clientele they thought this bar was trying to appeal to, and one of them said upper class business people, but none of them were drinking there, in fact, nobody was drinking there except us. When I sat down on one of the black leather couches on the third floor and began watching one of the big plasma screens, it struck me; I felt like I had just walked into American TV with a beer and sat down in their TV & Video or Furniture section. It just wasn't right! The place was ok, just not the type of place where I want to drink with my friends. Maybe I'll take my in-laws there if I ever get any.
Last edited by Slick Willy on Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Slick Willy
Forum Addict

Postby massimo » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:24 pm

Slick Willy wrote:...cumfy furniture...

I think I'll be avoiding the Brink Lounge.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails