MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 32.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Jade Monkey

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

haters space.

Postby Cruzatti » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:12 pm

BobArctor wrote:One of the owners, I am informed, is the spouse of locally infamous scam artist Mike Haight.
Having him near the register is bad luck.
If that's true, it's days are numbered.
Too bad. I kinda like the place.

So i read this posting and it made me actually check out the place.. Does anyone remember what the old place used to look like? because if you did you wouldnt leave bullshit posts like this.. Just like a true bar rat you have to be down on everyone that wants to make a little change...

reasons i like the jade monkey:

Nice open bar
friendly bartenders
friendly owners
shuffle board
hand apulstury on the doors and lounge chairs
oh yeah lounge chairs
they carry almost any alcohol you can think of
( WHICH MANY BARS IN MADISON DON'T)
probably most of the ones this dick goes to
great music
the bar stays clean
good crowd
the patio
outdoor propane heaters
clean bathrooms
pool table
free pizza
the bartenders dont get wasted
theres always somewhere to park due to location
fish tanks
LCD screens with something other than just local channels or some random show
marble top bars...

anyway my point is

IF YOU'RE BEING HATED ON YOU'RE PROBABLY DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.

and if you have some balls or a life why dont you get up from your chair go into the jade and maybe tell mike or hawk you're concerns.. theyre actually nice guys and if scaming people derives from working for your costumers and making sure people stay satisfied then im making my way up there again tonight.
Cruzatti

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:47 pm

All that, gleaned from one trip? Wow. The Monkey must make quite an impression, or else your liver is doing God's work.

Do they carry Patron XO Cafe liqueur? If you're not sure, just look behind you at the selection. :wink:
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cruzatti » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:48 pm

I lived down the street from the jade not too long ago in monona but just recently moved.I had noticed the old barber shop had changed, they have a nice graffitti mural on the side,the place really got turned around from what i can remember and off the pictures ive seen online.. either way

ill have to check for you tonight is that a kahlua type of flavor? .. never wouldve thought of a coffee flavored tequila.
Cruzatti

Postby acereraser » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Yeah Seriously that Dane101 article is like sorta well you know like terrible-ish. Tee Hee. Not since the blonde groupie whore from Max Ink has a local article made me want to slap somebody.

Hee hee. Thanks for making my night. I didn't know anyone else read her columns. She is from my hometown; in fact, she was my neighbor. Her dad is the city attorney. Her main activity in school was figure skating, and I wish you could see how precious she looked when photographed for the town paper. I would guess that is what changed her main activity into getting backstage.

There was another guy from my hometown living here in Madison a couple years ago. He knew her better than I did (he was closer to her age), and he told me a story about when she got backstage with Kid Rock. You can guess how the story went, but the upshot is that after that, we always referred to her as "Kid Rock".

Sorry for the threadjack, folks.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:41 am

Stopped in for a beer the other night after gorging myself at KFC down the street. Nice place.
Only complaints for me would be the backless bar stools, and I'm not big on shuffleboard. It takes up too much room and you need groups to play. I'd rather they stock that room with other things. Perhaps a pinball and arcade machine or two (or a stripper pole for nude dancers).
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails