Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 44.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Bad beer just got worse

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Bad beer just got worse

Postby donges » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:11 am

Miller and Coors are joining forces
The 2nd and 3rd largest breweries in the nation are teaming up to fight Bud.
With a surge of incredible imagination, they decided to name this new organization MillerCoors.
A better name would have been Moors.
Or Cooler.
donges
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Bad beer just got worse

Postby Hank_Venison » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:29 am

donges wrote:Miller and Coors are joining forces
With a surge of incredible imagination, they decided to name this new organization MillerCoors.
Or Cooler.

I wonder what this is going to do to the boycott on Coors products in gay bars.
Hank_Venison
Forum Addict

Postby white_rabbit » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:36 am

Hank_Venison wrote:I wonder what this is going to do to the boycott on Coors products in gay bars.

While most gay bars still do not carry Coors, the "official" boycott was called off years ago.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:54 am

They should really call it "Cillers" and get all Irish about the "C" sounding like a "K"
meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:07 am

donges wrote:Miller and Coors are joining forces
Or Cooler.

Oh, Noooo, I'm so sorry. It's the MOOPS. The correct answer is The MOOPS.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:13 am

It may be Moops....

But it tastes like Poops.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:05 pm

I smell a Miller Lite Party Ball.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:39 pm

The fact of the matter is that Budweiser has always had the best advertising...thats why its the "King of Beers" from the Clydesdales to the Jingles to the can itsself, Bud has always been a few steps ahead.

I even kinda like the Coor's post game press conference ads of the last couple of years, although I'd never drink the stuff, but Miller spots have been retarded and pathetic for quite some time now. The latest adventure in stupidity is the proto- fascist "Comissioner of Taste" who oddly resembles Rudy Guilianni on methamphetamines!

Whoa Nellie! there's a grim vision of the future...
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:37 pm

Fucking beer snobs. Miller High Life is just fine. You want a shitty beer, how about stella, or sierra nevada pale ale, or pabst, or hamms. I like the great dane but I wouldn't drink any of their beer. I am a fan of ale asylum and lake louie, but high life is my default beer.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:56 pm

narcoleptish wrote:Fucking beer snobs. Miller High Life is just fine. You want a shitty beer, how about stella, or sierra nevada pale ale, or pabst, or hamms. I like the great dane but I wouldn't drink any of their beer. I am a fan of ale asylum and lake louie, but high life is my default beer.

To quote my video production professor:

"Have a ball."
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:27 pm

I love me some High Life as well and think the best beer ads in decades were the High Life spots with that right-wing voice over guy talking about various methods for enjoying the high life. Black/white shot of a stove with bacon cooking, guy leaning against a rake in his yard shaking his head at his neighbor trying to back a boat into his driveway. "Used to be a man could be counted on to commandeer his own vehicle."
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:01 am

jjoyce wrote:I love me some High Life as well and think the best beer ads in decades were the High Life spots with that right-wing voice over guy talking about various methods for enjoying the high life. Black/white shot of a stove with bacon cooking, guy leaning against a rake in his yard shaking his head at his neighbor trying to back a boat into his driveway. "Used to be a man could be counted on to commandeer his own vehicle."

Yeah, I liked that one too...And the dude watching lips "pathetic!" while shaking his head-But it didn't last long-I think maybe it made too many guys out there feel incompetant...Miller high life is a great hot day beer, the price is right, and the "Lady in Moon" logo has a vintage cheesecake appeal...to nostalgic old fuckers like myself...otherwise I kind of think of it as a throwback, old man beer.
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:57 am

I drink High Life too. I have about 20 of the orange deer-hunter cans in my fridge as leftover from football games.

Personally, I thought the High Life ads showing a six pack for $4.18 and a cappuccino for $4.85 was the best thing they've done lately.

The boat parking ad campaign was definitely better than the recent ones they have run.

Bud Light certainly has the best radio ads with the Real Men of Genius campaign.
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:00 pm

narcoleptish wrote:Fucking beer snobs. Miller High Life is just fine. You want a shitty beer, how about stella, or sierra nevada pale ale, or pabst, or hamms. I like the great dane but I wouldn't drink any of their beer. I am a fan of ale asylum and lake louie, but high life is my default beer.

So you only like High Life, Ale Asylum, and Lake Louie and you are calling others beer snobs?

I thought a beer snob was someone who only drank the expensive stuff and turned their nose up at Miller, Bud, Coors, and the other watery macrobrews.
eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby GenieU » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:25 pm

Perrrsonally, I prefer Blatz or Huber on the lower end...But High Life in clear bottles has a sweet taste with just a hint Formaldahyde at the finish.
GenieU
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails