6%
JT Whitney's
No votes
Learned's basement
6%

Total votes : 16

Favorite Dane County Brewery, redux

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:42 pm

Gargantua's idle wish is my thin excuse.

Vote away above, or tell me angrily how I fucked up the poll below.

**ADDED**
Yes, I forgot Grumpy Troll. The damn map I was looking at online was really hard to read.

**ADDED**
And I misunderstood the operation at Gray's Tied House. At least gargantua was nice about it.
Last edited by TheBookPolice on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:50 pm

I was very disappointed with Jt's the last time I was there. Their take on a wheat beer was god awful especially with all the great ones available last summer. Although a few years ago I liked their Belgians. They had two both tasty. Seems to be too infrequent a brew for me at the other spots listed and definitely my favorite. Haven't made it to the Ale Asylum yet. Great Dane is always good. Love the Capitol Brewery if they would stay open after 9 anyways. A close second to Learned's basement since I can't make a firm decision.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:14 pm

I like new glarus beers better than all of the choices, but since that wasn't an option I guess capital?
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

TAsunder wrote:I like new glarus beers better than all of the choices, but since that wasn't an option I guess capital?

One of the lessons learned from the first iteration of this topic is that New Glarus isn't in Dane County.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:47 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
TAsunder wrote:I like new glarus beers better than all of the choices, but since that wasn't an option I guess capital?

One of the lessons learned from the first iteration of this topic is that New Glarus isn't in Dane County.

And that New Glarus heavily skews the vote. They outclass the other choices by a considerable margin.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:54 pm

OK, thanks for doing the poll. Quibble: while I would not have voted for them, Gray's Tied House and Grumpy Troll are in Dane County.

I disagree that New Glarus "outclasses the others by a considerable margin". I would certainly concede that they outclass quite of few of the others. Well, most of the others. But not all of them.

Too bad we can't classify them by size....some of these have been around much longer and are much larger than others, so of course they'll get a lot of votes.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:05 pm

gargantua wrote:OK, thanks for doing the poll. Quibble: while I would not have voted for them, Gray's Tied House and Grumpy Troll are in Dane County.

Mea culpa on Grumpy Troll, [strike]but Gray's doesn't brew at the Tied House (if I understand correctly). They still brew and bottle/barrel in Janesville.[/strike] and lo and behold, the Tied House has its own brewing facilities too.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:46 pm

I'm picking Ale Asylum because it's new and hot right now, and I love hops and their hopalicious is tasty. I've been into their nutbrown a lot lately too.

If I was going all-time fav in this area, it would have been Capital, but I'm feeling a bit whimsical today. Probably too much coffee.
Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby square » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:25 pm

My favorite Iowa County brewery is Lake Louie!
square
Forum Addict

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails