MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, September 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 52.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Oscura es Excelente!

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Re: Oscura es Excelente!

Postby wallrock » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:00 pm

I finally tried this last Friday, coming across a sixer at the new Steve's. I had one prior to going to the hockey game, and though I slightly rushed through it I thought it OK. I wasn't blown away - my expectations were probably too high and I ended up momentarily disappointed.

It was the second bottle after the game that was really enjoyable. I had time to let it warm up a little in the glass and the flavor of the coffee really came out. I completely reversed my earlier mild disappointment and I would put this squarely in the "get again" column. I don't think any "coffee beer" could ever be considered a favorite of mine but I would recommend it to most anyone.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Oscura es Excelente!

Postby crevice beatle » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:41 pm

wallrock wrote:I finally tried this last Friday, coming across a sixer at the new Steve's. I had one prior to going to the hockey game, and though I slightly rushed through it I thought it OK. I wasn't blown away - my expectations were probably too high and I ended up momentarily disappointed.

It was the second bottle after the game that was really enjoyable. I had time to let it warm up a little in the glass and the flavor of the coffee really came out. I completely reversed my earlier mild disappointment and I would put this squarely in the "get again" column. I don't think any "coffee beer" could ever be considered a favorite of mine but I would recommend it to most anyone.

It's funny you say this because I've had the complete opposite experience since starting this thread. I had moderate to low expectations and was super impressed with this beer early on. After a brief love affair, I haven't mustered a craving for it in some time... perhaps because it was the only beer I drank for a good 6-8 weeks. Still, I recommend it; it just doesn't work as a staple, "go to" beer in the long run - for me at least.
crevice beatle
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails