MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, July 13, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 67.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Advice for getting Great Taste of the Midwest tickets?

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Re: Advice for getting Great Taste of the Midwest tickets?

Postby john_titor » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Seems like the staff would get sick of drunks asking "yA GoT ANyTHINg ElSE?" and grow tired of the hidden pours. I want to try the Utopia.

I am not a big fan of stouts, and my buddy has already stated his intention to camp the real ale tent. Not sure where I will end up. I really liked the meades (ha) last year.

I spent a lot of time on the link below. Pretty much every brewery will be represented, which is nice:

http://beeradvocate.com/lists/top-great-lakes

As this is all about me, I think the mayor should get his food cart brigade outside the fest at close. A true win/win. Slow down the amount of vehicles added to the road, get food in people's bellies, make the vendors millionaires.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Drinkslinger » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 am

My friend and purchased 4 tickets this year, all face value. Went I first arrived, there were 2 people selling tickets at the stoplights near the Coliseum Bar. One must of been a ticket broker, as he has a fist full of tickets. He wanted $80.00 per ticket. When I told him I only pay face value, he scoffed and said someone will pay. I walked on.
My friend got 3 tickets while waiting in line and we were fine. Finally, at 12:50pm (10 minutes before gates open) I got a call to quickly buy 1 more. I found 2 people selling tickets at the end of the line. He was grateful to unload the ticket.
Hope this answers the thread to the fullest degree.

You can always buy tickets the day of the event.

Never pay over face value.

Go to the Great Taste every year!
Drinkslinger

Postby green union terrace chair » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Anyone know the date of GTotM 2013? I'm trying to plan something a year ahead of time and would also like to attend this great event, as I wasn't able to this past weekend. No info that I can find on their website ... wondering if they put a date in the program passed out at this year's event.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:03 am

8/10/2013
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rosemary » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:47 am

One of the best things about the Taste is that you can always count on the date: it's always, but always, the second Saturday in August.

Love the discussion on buying tickets while lining up to go in. This is the first thing I tell people who are new to the fest, or who have had long hopes of going but know that tickets always sell out. You can always get tickets in line!

This was my sixth year and my sweetie's fourth. We're now in St. Louis, but we'll always come back to our "second home" for the Taste. Kudos to the MHTG and the volunteers for staging a great fest.
Rosemary
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails