MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, January 25, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 21.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Silk Madison Grand Opening Weekend!

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Silk Madison Grand Opening Weekend!

Postby MadMind75 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:57 pm

What, no mention on TDPF of the Silk Madison (formerly Outer Limits) Grand Re-Opening and their multi-million dollar renovations? Pashaw!

Tonight catch Ron "The Hedgehog" Jeremy in the flesh!!!
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Re: Silk Madison Grand Opening Weekend!

Postby Beaver » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Don't worry the big occasion is being discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=52804

Ron Jeremy is the flesh I least want to see there.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind75 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:41 am

Beaver wrote:The controversial strip club West of Middleton is re-opening tonight with free admission. I wonder how long they will stay open before they get closed for violations or crime. I give them two months.

You do realize that they've been operating as Outer Limits since September 2009, and that they've been operating their Silk brand of clubs since, what was it, 2003? You don't get money like that or spend money like that if you're mismanaging clubs and attracting negative attention.

Funny that almost 40 years ago, Diamond Don's (aka Diamond Don's Follies Bergiere Nightclub, formerly known as the White Hare), which I believe was located in the very same building where 'Silk Madison' is now, was largely considered "non-controversial" (that controversy was reserved towards the Whiskey A Go-Go off of Todd Dr and the Beltline).
Quote of the article; "The [Town] Supervisors contacted all agreed that nude dancing seems to be a fad which they expect to pass within a couple of years."
And now, fast-forward nearly 40 years, and you've got a multi-million $ establishment in Middleton!

Anyways, glad they were able to remodel even after the town of Middleton frivolously blocked them from expanding the building, which I think Silk had originally intended to do (either by building up or out).

Forgive me if I'm not a fan of this puritan social engineering experiment prevalent in Madison and Dane County. The area's hyper-democracy seems to make people believe they have a right to have their hands in just about everything. *Although, the smoking ban and Madison restricting conceal & carry on private property is an example of the area's "hyper-democracy" doing it's fair share of good, ensuring the safety of it's residents, which is something I'm all for.
It's regulating morality & personal choice that I'm not a big fan of.
Last edited by MadMind75 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby john_titor » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:43 pm

While not having met Mr. Jeremy, he has been a recurring theme in my life:

A roommate of mine shared a hot tub with Ron back in the early 90's (I know).

The best man at my wedding currently lives in the same apartment building as RJ.

I have seen his wiener.
john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind75 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:46 am

But don't take my comments as a personal recommendation. I've never been there, and from what I've heard their dancers leave much to be desired and their male staff is goonier than most.
MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby Marvell » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:18 pm

MadMind75 wrote:[F]rom what I've heard their dancers leave much to be desired [...].

I thought that was the whole idea.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails