MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, December 17, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 18.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

The New Ale Asylum

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

The New Ale Asylum

Postby gargantua » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Considering how crowded it was on a weekday evening (Wednesday), I'm surprised to be the first to post on it. What do people think? I was very impressed by the layout and sheer size of the tasting area. It's really about 4 distinct areas: main level inside, main level patio, upper level inside, and upper level patio. It's too bad we're running out of patio season! They've expanded the food menu, and the items my wife and I tried were quite good. I was also favorably impressed by the service. For as busy as they were, the wait times for food and drink orders were quite reasonable.

Once they finish getting the complete brewing operation in there, I think they will do quite well.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The New Ale Asylum

Postby Ducatista » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:18 pm

A friend and I drove past on Saturday, saw that they were open (first night, maybe?), and stopped in. It's a nice space, I suppose, but to me, cavernous is never cozy. Love the beers, but I doubt I'll go back to the brewery.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kweetech » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 am

The new menu items are sweet + a real kitchen. Classics have been revamped. Very cool inside..wish patio season was still in full swing.
Seems to be popular..as there's always a bunch of people in there.
Plus...no TV's...bonus!
The brewery will be frickin huge...
And..its now only 7 blocks from house!
kweetech
Forum Addict

Postby david cohen » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:35 pm

I met a pal at Ale Asylum last night for dinner. It was swamped- waited 30 min. for a table. But the food was good and the beer was excellent. Snagged a couple of growlers of their India Brown Ale. Best beer of the night! It's so nice that the northside isn't a cultural wasteland for zymurgists any longer.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails