MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Bratfest ran out of beer?

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Bratfest ran out of beer?

Postby Whirlz » Tue May 28, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm not sure this is true or not, but I overheard some folks talking on Sunday regarding the big ole Bratfest and that they ran out of beer on Saturday. They were saying there was a huge rush into the Coliseum Bar from folks who were fleeing Bratfest in need of their beer :o
- Did anyone else heard this?
- It seems amazing, that after all these years of hosting this event, the folks running this event, would allow this to happen.
Whirlz

Re: Bratfest ran out of beer?

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue May 28, 2013 9:32 pm

I have never been to a Brat fest where beer was available. Hasn't it always been like a buck a brat and fifty cents for a wax cup of flat pop?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed May 29, 2013 8:44 am

I remember only pop when it was out at Highlander but I thought there was beer when it moved to the The Big Place with Big Music and Six Dollar Parking. I biked out there one year and I could have sworn I bought a brat and then a beer and listened to some country music in the sun with lots of overweight sunburned people with eagles on their Tshirts.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed May 29, 2013 8:53 am

rabble wrote:I remember only pop when it was out at Highlander but I thought there was beer when it moved to the The Big Place with Big Music and Six Dollar Parking. I biked out there one year and I could have sworn I bought a brat and then a beer and listened to some country music in the sun with lots of overweight sunburned people with eagles on their Tshirts.

There's no charge for parking at Brat Fest. They had beer. It was 6 bucks a cup. I played my set, ate my brat and got the hell out.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed May 29, 2013 8:57 am

fisticuffs wrote:
rabble wrote:I remember only pop when it was out at Highlander but I thought there was beer when it moved to the The Big Place with Big Music and Six Dollar Parking. I biked out there one year and I could have sworn I bought a brat and then a beer and listened to some country music in the sun with lots of overweight sunburned people with eagles on their Tshirts.

There's no charge for parking at Brat Fest. They had beer. It was 6 bucks a cup. I played my set, ate my brat and got the hell out.

My bad. I thought there was always a charge for parking. The one time I could have gotten away with no parking fee, and I ride my bike.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails