MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Letters, Albertoni and me

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Letters, Albertoni and me

Postby D.Zero » Fri May 18, 2007 10:43 am

I'm afraid my original letter to Isthmus regarding Mr. Albertoni's column's in the April 16th issue was so poorly edited for print some of my original purpose for writing it was loss. The "out-of-date press release" was in reference to the Exene Cervenka column, not the piano guy. Anyone who has even dabbled their toe in the indie music scene knows the generic formatting of those releases. When you combine that with painfully obvious wrong facts you can tell somebody was not even trying. The juxtaposition of that with the story of the piano guy seemed more like a slap in the face for some local musicians who have started to see their hard work pay off.

In regards to Mr. Albertoni's reply, he proves that he's missing the point. I'm not saying that the piano guy isn't "worthy of a story". I'm saying Mr. Albertoni's priorities as local music reporter seem misguided.

Just felt I needed to clarify. thnaks for your time
D.Zero

Postby blunt » Fri May 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:30 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In keeping with my continuing attempts to alienate myself with the Isthmus staff:

Albertoni is a hack.
Has no idea of the history of the local scene nor the major/minor players.
Thus, the gaffs and ignorance.
(Notice how his shallow top ten MAMA kissfest turned into something more relevant this issue, though obviously a shallow overview of the discussion on DP?)
The Isthmus has been steadily losing credibilty with the youth, the in-crowd, and thus lucrative advertisers while the Onion continues to step up and become more informative and useful.
The Daily Page is much more indicative of the fountain of present gushing reality and should be mined for writers and article ideas.
(The Onion and WSJ are borrowing more meaningful content from the DP than the DP's parent!)
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Wed May 30, 2007 10:12 am

Jeez, blunt, leave Albertoni alone.
You're just mad and bitter that you never made it big.
Local has-beens are the most vindictive people around.
Maybe you should write new songs and do something with your life. Like Art Paul.
Just leave the nice Isthmus man alone.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com