MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, July 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 63.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

If You Are Going To Ignore Me Then Ignore Me

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

If You Are Going To Ignore Me Then Ignore Me

Postby harrissimo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:34 pm

This has happened a number of times, most recently with TheBookPolice. They brag about how they have me on ignore and then they respond to my posts anyway with snide, hateful insults.

My only conclusion is that they feel that they have some moral superiority by putting me on ignore. But yet they can't resist - they read what I post anyhow.

In my opinion, they are cowards.

They end up doing the very same things they accuse me of doing which makes them hypocrits.

I think Schick has the right idea.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am
Location: Spaight Street on the Isthmus of Madison

Re: If You Are Going To Ignore Me Then Ignore Me

Postby white_rabbit » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:46 pm

harrissimo wrote:
I think Schick has the right idea.


If only we'd be so lucky...

Image
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:44 pm

Postby harrissimo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:02 pm

I don't want to get into a fight with you white_rabbit. Why are you behaving like this? I don't remember insulting you or doing anything to you that would provoke this hostility you have towards me. It is sad. You're a better person than this.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am
Location: Spaight Street on the Isthmus of Madison

Postby white_rabbit » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:07 pm

Oh, I'm just having some guilty fun....don't take it personally....I'll stop now.


mea culpa
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:44 pm

Postby white_rabbit » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:12 pm

...but don't arue for trans fat. That's just stupid and if you continue to do so, then I'll be back to point out your stupidity. Arguing for one's choice to consume trans fat is like aruing for one's choice to place a 45-Magnum against their head and splatter brain juice against the catching wall....yes you can do that, but it's not the most productive choice to make...
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:44 pm

Postby harrissimo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:13 pm

Thanks White_Rabbit. Hope I didn't overreact but it is an uphill battle for me on these forums and I am trying to make amends for my past transgressions.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am
Location: Spaight Street on the Isthmus of Madison

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:59 pm

God you're whiny.

Okay, I've taken you off Ignore. Which, by the way, is a tool for not having to see your posts involuntarily. If I want to read what you have to say, I can choose to do so. But Ignore allows me to not have to see your "contributions" until such time as I want to. You'll notice that your BS indictment of Jason as a journalist was the first comment that drew a response from me in some time. Roughly, I'd say, since you went with a bad breath joke against me. Yeah, cowardice. I've been shaking in my galoshes since then.

Prove me wrong, egomaniac. Make actual contributions, not bullshit posturing, and I'll be happy to treat with you as I would with anyone else on the DPF. If you think my tone is insulting...well, that's because I'm completely unimpressed with you of late, and that's the hole out of which you have to climb (as far as my opinion of you is concerned).

Go ahead. Make your amends. I'm thrilled that you're trying. But if you'd rather just retire, feel free.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8355
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East

Postby white_rabbit » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:10 pm

You have to admit...the violin player pic is funny...just saying...
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:44 pm

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:19 pm

white_rabbit wrote:You have to admit...the violin player pic is funny...just saying...


I'd go for this one:

Image
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8355
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East

Postby harrissimo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:25 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:God you're whiny.

Now that's what I call an actual contribution. I'm very impressed.

TheBookPolice wrote:Okay, I've taken you off Ignore. Which, by the way, is a tool for not having to see your posts involuntarily. If I want to read what you have to say, I can choose to do so. But Ignore allows me to not have to see your "contributions" until such time as I want to.

I have never used the ignore feature so I don't know how it works. When I want to ignore somebody I just ignore them and don't respond to their posts. For instance, most of the time I ignore you because you don't say very much that interests me.

TheBookPolice wrote:You'll notice that your BS indictment of Jason as a journalist was the first comment that drew a response from me in some time.

Actually I have not made very many posts in the last month or so because I have been very busy with other things. I posted today because I took a holiday and had the time.

What I said regarding Jason was hardly an indictment. However, Jason is a journalist and before he states things as facts he should confirm their truth. I hold him to a higher standard. I realize I was busting his balls but he is a big boy and can handle it. He doesn't need you to fight his battles for him.

TheBookPolice wrote:Roughly, I'd say, since you went with a bad breath joke against me. Yeah, cowardice. I've been shaking in my galoshes since then.

Sorry I don't remember any bad breath jokes I made against you. Can you refresh my memory? (no pun intended)

TheBookPolice wrote:Prove me wrong, egomaniac. Make actual contributions, not bullshit posturing, and I'll be happy to treat with you as I would with anyone else on the DPF. If you think my tone is insulting...well, that's because I'm completely unimpressed with you of late, and that's the hole out of which you have to climb (as far as my opinion of you is concerned).

Go ahead. Make your amends. I'm thrilled that you're trying. But if you'd rather just retire, feel free.


You calling me an egomaniac is the pot calling the kettle black. I do ignore you most of the time because I am as unimpressed with you as you are with me. However, I have read many posts you have made where you display the exact characteristics that you criticize me for.

Finally, I do not post here in order to seek approval from you, Jason, or anyone else. I am finally learning something that I should have learned a long time ago. The best way to deal with personal insults is to ignore them and not respond with more insults. If you want to discuss issues with me then let's discuss issues. If you want to discuss my personality or character then this forum is not the place to do so. If you want to ignore me then ignore me. But I do confess I am a difficult person to ignore - on the forums and in real life.
Last edited by harrissimo on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am
Location: Spaight Street on the Isthmus of Madison

Postby harrissimo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:27 pm

white_rabbit wrote:You have to admit...the violin player pic is funny...just saying...


yeah I have to admit that it was pretty funny. But I think the little tiny violin was even funnier.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am
Location: Spaight Street on the Isthmus of Madison

Postby harrissimo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:35 pm

white_rabbit wrote:...but don't arue for trans fat. That's just stupid and if you continue to do so, then I'll be back to point out your stupidity. Arguing for one's choice to consume trans fat is like aruing for one's choice to place a 45-Magnum against their head and splatter brain juice against the catching wall....yes you can do that, but it's not the most productive choice to make...


I have no problem with that white_rabbit because it is in the context of discussing an issue.

I eat a fairly healthy diet and try to avoid trans fat. What I am against is a government that becomes too intrusive. Today it is trans fat. Tomorrow it may be ice cream or butter on my toast. What I think is important is that people are educated on healthy life styles and they have complete information about what they are eating. Then let them decide for themselves.
It's called freedom. It's a good thing.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am
Location: Spaight Street on the Isthmus of Madison

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:38 am

harrissimo wrote:I have never used the ignore feature so I don't know how it works.


Well, then, by all means--continue to expound on the subject.

harrissimo wrote:What I said regarding Jason was hardly an indictment. However, Jason is a journalist and before he states things as facts he should confirm their truth. I hold him to a higher standard. I realize I was busting his balls but he is a big boy and can handle it. He doesn't need you to fight his battles for him.


1) You have yet to offer a convincing argument that anything Jason said was wrong, or that anything you said was right.

2) The same "he doesn't need it" argument could be made about your advice on good journalism. Bottom line, you claim to have called BS on him. I did the same on you.

harrissimo wrote:Sorry I don't remember any bad breath jokes I made against you. Can you refresh my memory? (no pun intended)


You've already forgotten from the last time I reminded you?

TheBookPolice, mere hours ago, wrote:
harrissimo wrote:Your response is a good example of how these forums escalate into ugly fights, which I have no desire to be involved in.


I'll be sure to remember that.


Those red letters mean there's a link hiding underneath them. You can click on it to find out what I'm talking about.

Also, I would say that calling me out by name in the initial post of an entirely new thread on the subject constitutes the first shot in an "ugly fight". You're developing a taste for those again, aren't you?

harrissimo wrote:I have read many posts you have made where you display the exact characteristics that you criticize me for.


Yet you've managed to hold your hypercritical, holier-than-thou tongue....amazing!

harrissimo wrote:But I do confess I am a difficult person to ignore - on the forums and in real life.


And right back to the raging ego. You're gonna have to do a lot better than that.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8355
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East

Postby Floyd » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:43 pm

harrissimo wrote:
white_rabbit wrote:You have to admit...the violin player pic is funny...just saying...


yeah I have to admit that it was pretty funny. But I think the little tiny violin was even funnier.
First time I have ever witnessed a "mine is smaller than yours" dispute.
Floyd
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:51 am
Location: Waiting for Condo in New Edgewater

Postby white_rabbit » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:03 pm

Floyd wrote: First time I have ever witnessed a "mine is smaller than yours" dispute.


Well, actually, mine had six strumming while harris' favorite fit snuggly in the palm of his hand.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:44 pm

Next

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar