MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

The Daily Page Forum Faces An Existential Crises

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

I am willing to do the following to have Schick return

I Will Give My First Born Daughter/Son For Chuck To Have His Way With If He Comes Back
No votes
I Will Donate One Week Of Each Year To Be Schick's Personal Slave If He Comes Back
33%
I Wll Tithe 10% Of My Income To Schick If He Returns
No votes
I Promise To Agree WIth Everything He Posts If He Comes Back
No votes
I Will Personally Insult Schick and Give Him A Bunch Of Shit If He Comes Back Because That's What He Loves
67%

Total votes : 3

The Daily Page Forum Faces An Existential Crises

Postby harrissimo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:01 am

My dear Forons: our beloved Daily Page Forum is experiencing an Existential Crises that will soon destroy it.

The cause of this crises you ask?

The answer is very simple: Chuck Schick

Ever since Schick has left, this forum has spiraled into a sad decline. Jason Joyce has attempted to pick up the slack by starting various pissing contests with the right-wing element of Forontentia but that is like having me sub for Van Cliburn playing the Rach 3. It ain't going to cut it. Blunt is OK but he is no Schick. Marvell and Prof Wagstaff are first-class assholes and of course there is me. I could mention some other very good douche bags, assholes, morons, and general pains in the ass. But not one of us can fill the shoes of Chuck Schick. The fact of the matter is that Schick is the king.

Our only salvation is for us to get down on our knees and beg Chuck Schick to return.

Please Chuck come back. Only you can save our beloved Daily Page Forum. I know I know...Schick is the most obnoxious asshole in the entire universe but that is exactly why we need him. Without him there is a power vacuum with other pathetic forons attempting to claim his mantle of obnoxious douchbagerty assholeness. But they just don't cut it.

You don't miss your water until the well runs dry.

Chuck what will it take to have you come back? Name your price. Anything Chuck. Please come back before it is too late.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:28 am

What this forum needs is 100% fewer ballpark organ grinders.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby auntgoodness » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:30 am

This is creepy.
auntgoodness
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DMeister » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:31 am

This forum needs an enema.
DMeister
Forum Addict

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:45 am

If I agree with the near eastside hippies on one philosophical stand point, it's peace and quiet. Why would you want a loud mouth like Chuck back? The guy was like a Chihuahua with a bladder infection; he was angry and he pissed everywhere he went.

That guy was the Ned Flanders of the left. Lots of hot air, race baiting, and antagonistic emotionalism... A no holds barred soap box howler.
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jhain » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:09 pm

pulsewidth modulation wrote:If I agree with the near eastside hippies on one philosophical stand point, it's peace and quiet. Why would you want a loud mouth like Chuck back? The guy was like a Chihuahua with a bladder infection; he was angry and he pissed everywhere he went.

That guy was the Ned Flanders of the left. Lots of hot air, race baiting, and antagonistic emotionalism... A no holds barred soap box howler.

One of the few times I agree with PM...

Harris, I've had a different reaction to Chuck being gone. It is nice to be able to read threads without having to sift thru all of Chuck's foulmouthed rants. Some topics have actually had thoughtful discussions which just can't happen with a blowhard constantly blowing.
jhain
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:10 pm

jjoyce wrote:What this forum needs is 100% fewer ballpark organ grinders.

Nice try Joyce but don't quit your day job.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:15 pm

jhain wrote:Some topics have actually had thoughtful discussions which just can't happen with a blowhard constantly blowing.

No, no, everything here is stupid and pointless. You obviously hadn't heard.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Pogoagogo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:20 pm

I'd personaly provide the kazoo for Harris to play out his ass if only Chuck would return.
Pogoagogo
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:05 pm

Even after Daisy was ridden out of town on a rail, he comes back to the Forum from time to time. Chuck will do the same, but probably under a different pseudonym. We will just have to guess which new foron is Mr. Schick.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Buncha babies.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com