MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, July 13, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 78.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Henry Vilas

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Postby bassbari » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:09 pm

I remember a couple years ago when we talked about Forons we admired and I mentioned Henry. I like to think that I am following in his footsteps, but I will never make it to 7000. I do have a life outside the Forum, although Blunt and Hoppy may disagree.
bassbari
Forum God/Goddess

Postby buckyor » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:35 pm

Jesu Christo, it's a regular Henry Vilas orgy!

Well, allow me to join the pile. Henry is one of the very few forons I've ever met, one year ago just before I moved to Maine. It was my pleasure to enjoy a few beers with him at the Weary Traveller on the day of his retirement. Whatever adventures he may find himself on these days, he's earned them. Though that doesn't mean I can't be envious.

Enjoy Alaska, Henry, and if you get to the Northern Atlantic coast, give me a buzz.
buckyor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:54 am

bassbari wrote: I do have a life outside the Forum, although Blunt and Hoppy may disagree.

I saw you in real life once.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:23 pm

Back from Alaska; it was great in the Great Land. Bald eagles as common as pigeons at the capitol. Humpback whales, mountain goats, a moose and a harbor seal. Tongass National Forest and the Mendenhall Glacier. Took the White Pass and Yukon train. Ales from the Alaska Brewing Company. (Although the local IPAs in Victoria, B.C. were much better.) Fed leaves to reindeer. Ate a lot of salmon. Panned for gold (got seventeen bucks worth). My 27th state visited.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com