MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, January 31, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 25.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

The Intelligent Designer

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:02 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:It was good to see the contribution by Richard S. Russell, who used to frequent these pages.

Agreed. And I miss his presence here.

butters wrote:A creationist would argue, "I didn't come from no ape."

If only all Creationist arguments were so unsophisticated!
No, unfortunately there are people who engage in what is ridiculously called "creation science", sometimes dressed up under the re-christened name of "intelligent design." And those are the folks who are trying to have their religious beliefs taught as science in school classrooms.
Ignorant asswipes like The Creation Research Society and The Institute for Creation Research are, as the latter's website proudly proclaims, "equip[ping] believers with evidences of the Bible’s accuracy and authority through scientific research, educational programs, and media presentations..." Thankfully, the court victories have generally (and most recently) favored fact over fiction and science over fantasy, but it's still too early to let our guard down by downplaying just how convincing some of this religion-in-a-lab-coat crap can be to those whose science education is already sub-par.
Last edited by Prof. Wagstaff on Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:38 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:It was good to see the contribution by Richard S. Russell, who used to frequent these pages.

Agreed. And I miss his presence here.

me, too.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com