MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 16.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

BU$H/FOX breeds a more dangerous fanaticism

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

BU$H/FOX breeds a more dangerous fanaticism

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:00 pm

Here's something I wish the Isthmus would go after with the same fervor they chase "truthers" for. I think this is a FAR more serious problem than batty, shirtless, frisbeeists who think 9/11 was an inside job...

Police: Man shot churchgoers over liberal views

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080728/ap_ ... h_shooting
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bruno » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:35 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:Here's something I wish the Isthmus would go after with the same fervor they chase "truthers" for. I think this is a FAR more serious problem than batty, shirtless, frisbeeists who think 9/11 was an inside job...

Can you clarify your assertion that Isthmus fervently chases "truthers", other than citing one article written several years ago whose author you attacked? Before you start quoting forons, let's be clear here: The Daily Page Forum does not = Isthmus.
Bruno
Forum God/Goddess

Re: BU$H/FOX breeds a more dangerous fanaticism

Postby Zevulon the Great » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:23 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:Here's something I wish the Isthmus would go after with the same fervor they chase "truthers" for. I think this is a FAR more serious problem than batty, shirtless, frisbeeists who think 9/11 was an inside job...

Does Isthmus only write about 'serious problems'? I thought they wrote about 'divergent viewpoints' in the Madison community, or something like that.

Isthmus journalists fervently chasing truthers? Paranoid, much? Did you forget to get up and leave the theater after the X-Files movie ended, jonny?
Zevulon the Great

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:03 pm

Here's something I wish the Isthmus would go after with the same fervor they chased "truthers" for in one article a couple years ago...and like some of Isthmus staff barely did on the daily page...

or...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYmFAwhmqaU

I hope everyone feels better now!
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bad Gradger » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:03 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:Here's something I wish the Isthmus would go after with the same fervor they chased "truthers" for in one article a couple years ago...and like some of Isthmus staff barely did on the daily page...

Tragic? Yes. Local? No.

If there's a rash of anti-liberal-church violence in Dane County, I'm sure Isthmus will be all over it.

Seriously, how much farther are you going to reach to continue your inane "truther" campaign?
Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:16 pm

Bad Gradger wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:Here's something I wish the Isthmus would go after with the same fervor they chased "truthers" for in one article a couple years ago...and like some of Isthmus staff barely did on the daily page...

Tragic? Yes. Local? No.

If there's a rash of anti-liberal-church violence in Dane County, I'm sure Isthmus will be all over it.

Seriously, how much farther are you going to reach to continue your inane "truther" campaign?

And you think I'm out of touch?
Why did you pull that one out?
Last edited by jonnygothispen on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Wanda » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:25 pm

Applesauce.
Wanda
Forum Addict

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:46 pm

Wanda wrote:Applesauce.

...on sautaed chicken-hawk, with a side of impeach-mint pie.

I just thought these were easily more important issues. I thought the Isthmus could've better served themselves by actually having a debate about the varying scientific reports as a feature article in regards to how people in the community are reacting to it instead of using the grassy knoll approach.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: BU$H/FOX breeds a more dangerous fanaticism

Postby chance » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:01 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:Re: BU$H/FOX breeding a more dangerous fanaticism...

Here's something I wish the Isthmus would go after... (irrelevant stuff omitted)

Police: Man shot churchgoers over liberal views (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080728/ap_on_re_us/church_shooting)

Not that it isn't awful -- of course, it is -- but so far this is small potatoes compared to the master of them all, Ronald Reagan. The blowback from his kind of "government is the enemy" demagoguery, was Oklahoma City.

Of course, things are still developing...[shudder]
chance
Forum Addict

Postby Wanda » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:03 pm

Skim milk, sour cream, plain non-fat yogurt.
Wanda
Forum Addict

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com