MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, October 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 43.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Is DPF activity down?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby Kenyatta » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:30 am

I read the New York Times, that's how I know about 4chan - look in the article. And I never said that I didn't know about message boards.

I have kids who use the internet all the time, so they tell me a lot of things. One of them told me about a forum called the Phora, where there are people from all over the political spectrum. They like to go there and argue with the right-wingers and white supremacist anti-semites. One of them hacked into my kid's email account, fortunately they didn't access his bank account.
Kenyatta
Senior Member
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby Ed Breakfast » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:55 am

The puppet show is getting old, Harris.
Ed Breakfast
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:20 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby harrissimo » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:46 am

Ed Breakfast wrote:The puppet show is getting old, Harris.


WHAT THE FUCK ED?!!! I mean I know you don't like me and all, put me on your ignore list and have said mean things to me and about me to hurt my feelings but this is beyond the pale Ed. You're saying I am a Kenyatta sock pocket. What the fuck! Fuck you Ed and the horse you rode into town on.

Jason will you do me a favor and inspect the IP addresses. You will see that I, Harris Lemberg of 1348 Spaight Street Madison Wisconsin 53703 post under one and only one username.

Not only are you a fucking asshole Ed "whoever the fuck you are too big of a coward to use your real name" Breakfast but you are stupid ignorant fucking asshole. Now go fuck off douchebag and leave me the fuck alone.
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am
Location: Spaight Street on the Isthmus of Madison

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby AlternativeVoice » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:17 am

Kenyatta wrote:I read the New York Times, that's how I know about 4chan - look in the article. And I never said that I didn't know about message boards.

I have kids who use the internet all the time, so they tell me a lot of things. One of them told me about a forum called the Phora, where there are people from all over the political spectrum. They like to go there and argue with the right-wingers and white supremacist anti-semites. One of them hacked into my kid's email account, fortunately they didn't access his bank account.




I love how in the peculiar alternate universe that is Madison, right-wingers are on par with white supremacists and anti-semites. You do realize that white supremacist groups tend to be Democrats, right? You do realize that anti-semitic groups are almost exclusively Democratic, right? You do realize that the Democratic Party is the Party of slavery, anti-women's rights, Jim Crow, segregation and the Ku Klux Klan, right? Heck, the Democratic Party still has a former Ku Klux Klan "Exalted Cyclops" serving as their "conscience of the Senate".


When I read stuff like this it's no wonder that so many Madisonians do property damage to Republicans. Not only tearing down yard signs, but keying car doors and knocking off side view mirrors of cars with Republican bumper stickers. When you equate a political party with white supremacists, well, I guess it makes sense (in a weird way) to do that to their stuff. But of course, by that same rationale, we all should be attacking the property of the far left wing, since they have allied themselves with right wing terrorist groups like Hamas and Hezbollah. So for the sake of the world, shouldn't we key their doors also?
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby harrissimo » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:20 am

AlternativeVoice wrote:You do realize that white supremacist groups tend to be Democrats, right? You do realize that anti-semitic groups are almost exclusively Democratic, right?


Choo Choo
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am
Location: Spaight Street on the Isthmus of Madison

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby Shipley » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:21 am

AlternativeVoice wrote: You do realize that white supremacist groups tend to be Democrats, right?


White Supremacist groups tend to be White Supremacists.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:13 am
Location: college park, md

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby Huckleby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:59 am

AlternativeVoice wrote: I love how in the peculiar alternate universe that is Madison, right-wingers are on par with white supremacists and anti-semites. You do realize that white supremacist groups tend to be Democrats, right?


I agree that their a streak of intolerant, rigid political correctness in Madison.

The White Supremacists generally switched from the Democratic to Republican party in the 1960's civil rights era.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: parents' basement

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby Talon Newsman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:10 am

Huckleby wrote:The White Supremacists generally switched from the Democratic to Republican party in the 1960's civil rights era.

Yes, the white supremacists were forced out by the intolerant political incorrectness of the Democrats.

The Republican Party, meanwhile, aspired to be a Big Tent and was happy to accommodate them.
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby Huckleby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:17 am

Talon Newsman wrote:
Huckleby wrote:The White Supremacists generally switched from the Democratic to Republican party in the 1960's civil rights era.

Yes, the white supremacists were forced out by the intolerant political incorrectness of the Democrats.


You can see the intolerance of the Dem Party in their effort to oust Lieberman from their Senate caucus.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: parents' basement

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby Talon Newsman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:23 am

Huckleby wrote:
Talon Newsman wrote:
Huckleby wrote:The White Supremacists generally switched from the Democratic to Republican party in the 1960's civil rights era.

Yes, the white supremacists were forced out by the intolerant political incorrectness of the Democrats.

The Republican Party, meanwhile, aspired to be a Big Tent and was happy to accommodate them.


You can see the intolerance of the Dem Party in their effort to oust Lieberman from their Senate caucus.

Exactly. The fact that they were able to oust him so readily is a testament to their intolerance.

I'm more than happy to pitch my Republican Big Tent and welcome him into my party!
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby Huckleby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:28 am

I think in the end the Dems took the Prodigal Son back into their caucus.

Hey, at least the Dems have a Jew in their club, they aren't restricted!
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm
Location: parents' basement

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby Talon Newsman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:32 am

Huckleby wrote:I think in the end the Dems took the Prodigal Son back into their caucus.

Hah! Those dumbasses can't even succeed at being intolerant!
Talon Newsman
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby narcoleptish » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:02 pm

It's definitely slow when town vibe or restaurant reviews last posts are over a day old. I'll stick around here though, madison.com is just hideous and the myface universe is......odd.

AV posts definitely deflect me away from a topic. Just seeing them as the last post in a category usually makes me skip the category. To respond to AV is to invite a response. A long boring response.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3630
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:35 am

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby AlternativeVoice » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:37 pm

narcoleptish wrote:It's definitely slow when town vibe or restaurant reviews last posts are over a day old. I'll stick around here though, madison.com is just hideous and the myface universe is......odd.

AV posts definitely deflect me away from a topic. Just seeing them as the last post in a category usually makes me skip the category. To respond to AV is to invite a response. A long boring response.



I'm sorry that you are unable to read two consecutive paragraphs. It's a sign of the Madison school districts that kids are now unable to focus on anything longer than "UR a fucking moron". Once somebody tries to actually put together a coherent argument it immediately becomes "too long and boring."
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am

Re: Is DPF activity down?

Postby harrissimo » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:13 pm

AlternativeVoice wrote:It's a sign of the Madison school districts...


Choo Choo
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am
Location: Spaight Street on the Isthmus of Madison

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR
Created with flickr badge.

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar