MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, July 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

CONTEMPT FOR THE COMMUNITY?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

CONTEMPT FOR THE COMMUNITY?

Postby harrissimo » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:02 pm

admin wrote:If the preponderance of posts from a member are insulting or combative, then that member's account will be deactivated.

Owners of deactivated accounts may email webmaster@isthmus.com to re-activate accounts. A second deactivation will result in a ban.

The Daily Page Forum is a community of people who have the right to post here without being defamed, attacked, insulted, threatened or treated disrespectfully. This policy takes effect Aug. 1, 2008.

Is this policy still in effect?
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Re: CONTEMPT FOR THE COMMUNITY?

Postby AlternativeVoice » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:43 pm

I'm glad you're finally worried about that. I have reported you, and I'm sure others have as well. I haven't ever seen the moderators here care too much about banning people, but you'd certainly be at the top of their list.

But rather than worry about how much you can get away with, maybe you should try to be less of a troll and attempt to actually do something positive for the boards.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bad Gradger » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:03 am

The flame war between you two has somehow become even more obnoxious than AV's posting in general. Congratulations.
Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:21 am

Bad Gradger wrote:The flame war between you two has somehow become even more obnoxious than AV's posting in general. Congratulations.

It's not a flame war when only one side is flaming. Your angry attacks at me or more of a "flame war" than anything I've ever posted against anybody else.

If all I cared about was winning arguments, I'd love to have harrissimo around, because he makes it so easy. But I also understand why he gets reported to the moderators. If i was a left winger I'd want him out of here also.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bad Gradger » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:08 am

AlternativeVoice wrote:If all I cared about was winning arguments, I'd love to have harrissimo around, because he makes it so easy. But I also understand why he gets reported to the moderators. If i was a left winger I'd want him out of here also.

Since you started posting and harris responded with his increasingly nonsensical "Nancy Mistele molests puppies CHOO CHOO Have a great day!" campaign, Local Politics & Government has become a colossal shitpile.
Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:24 am

Bad Gradger wrote:
AlternativeVoice wrote:If all I cared about was winning arguments, I'd love to have harrissimo around, because he makes it so easy. But I also understand why he gets reported to the moderators. If i was a left winger I'd want him out of here also.

Since you started posting and harris responded with his increasingly nonsensical "Nancy Mistele molests puppies CHOO CHOO Have a great day!" campaign, Local Politics & Government has become a colossal shitpile.

No kidding. But how is it my fault that he's doing that crap?
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:29 am

I'm glad you're finally worried about that. I have reported you, and I'm sure others have as well. I haven't ever seen the moderators here care too much about banning people, but you'd certainly be at the top of their list.

Wow you are delusional. Does feel good telling yourself want you want to hear even if it deifies all reality? I don't know if our kind moderator would be willing to waste his/her time on the statistics but you've certainly earned more complaints than Harris. Maybe not total number of complaints (since I'm sure yours alone would skew those numbers) but certainly complaints from unique users.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:07 am

fisticuffs wrote:

Wow you are delusional. Does feel good telling yourself want you want to hear even if it deifies all reality? I don't know if our kind moderator would be willing to waste his/her time on the statistics but you've certainly earned more complaints than Harris. Maybe not total number of complaints (since I'm sure yours alone would skew those numbers) but certainly complaints from unique users.

You really are delusional if you don't think that your own complaint numbers are higher than anybody except perhaps whiterabbit and harrissimo. Your flaming troll style of posting is inappropriate and immature.

People say that they get mad at me because my posts are too long and they can't read them all. Well, I'll take that problem over why people get mad at your posting, which is that you just scream insults and personal attacks, and sprinkle it all with foul language. You're like some sixth grade playground bully.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:14 am

You can't shut the fat guy up by constantly feeding him beans. He's still going to talk between mouthfuls, and eventually the whole room stinks.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com