MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 83.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby MeLurkyLongTime » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:41 pm

You all just need to un-bunch your panties and ignore the evil empire. Don't add to the problem by feeding the fire. Joyce has been trying diplomatically to get you to ignore him so that he goes away on his own out of boredom, he can't exactly ban him for having insulting viewpoints. What are you all 12 years old or something?
MeLurkyLongTime
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:17 pm

he can't exactly ban him for having insulting viewpoints.


Never said he should. His point of view is valid it's the way in which its expressed.

Joyce has been trying diplomatically to get you to ignore him so that he goes away on his own out of boredom,


This is why he should be banned. His presence in a thread destroys any and all conversation in that thread. AV posts and the thread has to be ignored. Because of his insulting posting style we have the choice of fueling the fire or abandoning the topic. That is detrimental to the board.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7793
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
MeLurkyLongTime wrote:Joyce has been trying diplomatically to get you to ignore him so that he goes away on his own out of boredom,

This is why he should be banned. His presence in a thread destroys any and all conversation in that thread. AV posts and the thread has to be ignored. Because of his insulting posting style we have the choice of fueling the fire or abandoning the topic. That is detrimental to the board.

And -- and I like you, fisticuffs -- you lured him into this one. You have a compulsion to take on the morans of this community, and all it does is fan flames. Just let 'em be. It's liberating.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby MeLurkyLongTime » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:28 pm

Fisti I understand your point totally, however I believe he is posting in this manner to get a response. I don't think an entire topic needs to be abandoned just because he is in there, talk around him.
MeLurkyLongTime
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby supaunknown » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:49 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
Joyce has been trying diplomatically to get you to ignore him so that he goes away on his own out of boredom,

This is why he should be banned. His presence in a thread destroys any and all conversation in that thread. AV posts and the thread has to be ignored. Because of his insulting posting style we have the choice of fueling the fire or abandoning the topic. That is detrimental to the board.

Thing is fisti, you engage AV directly all the time. Hey, I know these days it's dead as doornail on the DPF. I understand the desire for forum interaction, but AV is purposefully baiting his hook with inflammatory stuff hoping to make YOU blow up (and maybe get banned). Dude's not dumb, he's just messin' with your head cuz that's how he gets off. Clearly, if AV believes half the stuff he spouts off he's got problems. Ignore him. There's no genuine debate to be had and nothing to be gained.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 5577
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:02 pm

Yup. He deliberately tries to infuriate by obfuscating and ignoring any valid post that challenges his pov. Just ignore or post around him. His presence has made TDPF less interesting to me for the last little while. He shuts down threads with his posts.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Near East

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby AlternativeVoice » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:47 pm

boston_jeff wrote:Yup. He deliberately tries to infuriate by obfuscating and ignoring any valid post that challenges his pov. Just ignore or post around him. His presence has made TDPF less interesting to me for the last little while. He shuts down threads with his posts.



Hey, you're back from your temporary ban!? Welcome back!

The idea of somebody who went through a stretch where he responded to every single thread with a "Choo! Choo!" post (probably what got you banned) criticizing somebody else's posting is really rich. It makes me chuckle.

Thanks for the laugh!
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby AlternativeVoice » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:50 pm

supaunknown wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:
Joyce has been trying diplomatically to get you to ignore him so that he goes away on his own out of boredom,

This is why he should be banned. His presence in a thread destroys any and all conversation in that thread. AV posts and the thread has to be ignored. Because of his insulting posting style we have the choice of fueling the fire or abandoning the topic. That is detrimental to the board.

Thing is fisti, you engage AV directly all the time. Hey, I know these days it's dead as doornail on the DPF. I understand the desire for forum interaction, but AV is purposefully baiting his hook with inflammatory stuff hoping to make YOU blow up (and maybe get banned). Dude's not dumb, he's just messin' with your head cuz that's how he gets off. Clearly, if AV believes half the stuff he spouts off he's got problems. Ignore him. There's no genuine debate to be had and nothing to be gained.



This is too easy. Just find ONE post where I posted "inflammatory stuff". Go find one post where I was saying something ridiculous just to get a rise out of someone. Go find one post where I said something so ridiculous that if I believed it I've "got problems".

Go find ONE post. I dare you.


Of course you won't. The easiest way for me to end a thread is to challenge you bullies and thugs to actually back up your personal attacks with that funny little thing called "evidence."
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby boston_jeff » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:23 pm

AlternativeVoice wrote:
boston_jeff wrote:Yup. He deliberately tries to infuriate by obfuscating and ignoring any valid post that challenges his pov. Just ignore or post around him. His presence has made TDPF less interesting to me for the last little while. He shuts down threads with his posts.



Hey, you're back from your temporary ban!? Welcome back!

The idea of somebody who went through a stretch where he responded to every single thread with a "Choo! Choo!" post (probably what got you banned) criticizing somebody else's posting is really rich. It makes me chuckle.

Thanks for the laugh!


Huh? I don't understand you.
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Near East

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby ilikebeans » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:15 am

AlternativeVoice wrote:
boston_jeff wrote:Yup. He deliberately tries to infuriate by obfuscating and ignoring any valid post that challenges his pov. Just ignore or post around him. His presence has made TDPF less interesting to me for the last little while. He shuts down threads with his posts.

Hey, you're back from your temporary ban!? Welcome back!

The idea of somebody who went through a stretch where he responded to every single thread with a "Choo! Choo!" post (probably what got you banned) criticizing somebody else's posting is really rich. It makes me chuckle.

Thanks for the laugh!

You're delusional and paranoid-- that's the only explanation.

boston_jeff had nothing to do with the whole "choo choo" thing (which, by the way, I'm happy to point out hasn't happened for a good month or so).

Ok, sorry, I shouldn't have contributed again to this mess.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 2799
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:23 am

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:23 am

ilikebeans wrote:
AlternativeVoice wrote:
boston_jeff wrote:Yup. He deliberately tries to infuriate by obfuscating and ignoring any valid post that challenges his pov. Just ignore or post around him. His presence has made TDPF less interesting to me for the last little while. He shuts down threads with his posts.

Hey, you're back from your temporary ban!? Welcome back!

The idea of somebody who went through a stretch where he responded to every single thread with a "Choo! Choo!" post (probably what got you banned) criticizing somebody else's posting is really rich. It makes me chuckle.

Thanks for the laugh!

You're delusional and paranoid-- that's the only explanation.

boston_jeff had nothing to do with the whole "choo choo" thing (which, by the way, I'm happy to point out hasn't happened for a good month or so).

Ok, sorry, I shouldn't have contributed again to this mess.


Wrong.

viewtopic.php?p=568002#p568002

viewtopic.php?p=567907#p567907


Of course, if you don't want to do anything about trolls like boston_jeff, that's your decision. Not everybody has to care about these forums as much as I do. But to then turn around and bash MY posting, even though you will never find a single post where I was EVER out of line, is just preposterously dishonest and unprincipled.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:27 am

See how easy it is for me to find posts of other people crossing the line into unacceptable behavior on these forums? Notice how after all of the times I have begged people on here to find a single example of me doing something wrong that nobody has yet come up with a single example. Just vague accusations about how I smear all Democrats, or how I have "crazy beliefs"... whatever that means.


There is a good reason why I ask you to go through my posts. What has happened here is that people think that I'm trying to cause trouble because they've heard other people say it. They haven't actually SEEN it, but if enough people think I'm a jerk then it must be true, right? Well, go through my posts and you'll see. This is just a thuggish lynch mob of about 10 jerks (ilikebeans and jjoyce among them, of course) who are going all around these forums smearing me. Once you go through my posts you'll realize that. I haven't ever done ANYTHING wrong on these forums. There are just a bunch of people who can't deal with the fact that I won't toe the party line, and that I occasionally force them to think outside the box and to come to their own conclusions about the world.


You shouldn't be so afraid of independent thought.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby sydgrl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:21 am

MeLurkyLongTime wrote:You all just need to un-bunch your panties and ignore the evil empire. Don't add to the problem by feeding the fire. Joyce has been trying diplomatically to get you to ignore him so that he goes away on his own out of boredom, he can't exactly ban him for having insulting viewpoints. What are you all 12 years old or something?


Yes. If he annoys you, don't engage. Put him on your ignore list.

"This post was made by AlternativeVoice who is currently on your ignore list." -- ahh it's so calming.
sydgrl
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:22 am

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:55 am

I've had problems with the ignore list since the site was updated. If I go to the front page isthmus.com I am usually logged in and the ignore function works perfectly but I prefer to bookmark the "Active Topics" page and for whatever reason that link always leaves me logged out. I have tried logging in and updating my bookmark but nothing seems to do it.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 7793
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison

Re: Who's who: A guide to TDPF personalities

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:55 am

In case people aren't reading the other thread, I continue to make my challenge. Find the craziest thing I've ever posted. Find the post that provides evidence I should be banned. So far after nearly a full 24 hours the worst thing anybody can find that I said is that CNN has a left wing bias. Wow... ban me now. Come on guys, if I'm such a horrible person, such an inflammatory person, such a troll... SURELY you can find a post of mine that backs up that theory, right??


I really am enjoying this more than I should, but I can't help it. What an EPIC victory, and what an EPIC FAIL for jjoyce and his trollish lynch mob.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar