MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, December 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Name One Thing I Ever Did Wrong

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Name One Thing I Ever Did Wrong

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:14 am

jjoyce has made it clear that he is about to ban me. And as we all know, he is banning me because he personally dislikes me and personally disagrees with my politically. But I'm giving everybody here a chance, including jjoyce, to find ONE post where I ever did any of things I've been accused of. Find a post where I've been provocative, or where I've hijacked a thread, or where I've tried to rile other people up. Just one. I can find hundreds of posts where OTHER people have done that - including jjoyce. But you won't find a single one where I did any of that stuff.

I posted this on two other threads and the worst anybody could find was a thread where I pointed out that CNN and Time magazine have a left wing bias... something that a vast majority of Americans agree with me on. So this is the worst that anybody could come up with - that I hold an opinion that the vast majority of Americans agree with me on.

But maybe some people didn't read those threads. Maybe some people didn't get their chance to search through the archives to find something. So come on, guys, if I'm so horrible show one thing I ever did wrong.

I'm waiting....
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Name One Thing I Ever Did Wrong

Postby Marvell » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:38 am

Being born.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:40 am

Marvell wrote:Being born.

I love how a post like this will get no criticism. This guy is clearly trying to get a rise out of me, he's clearly being a provocateur, but nobody is starting threads to ban HIM. This is a worse than my WORST ever post. But nobody will say anything.

I do love this stuff. Nothing has rebuilt my legacy around here like this jjoyce-led lynch mob. It's forcing people to go back and read through the archives to see my posts. To see who I ACTUALLY am and what I've ACTUALLY done, rather than all of the awful things they've accused me of.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dave esmond » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:53 am

AlternativeVoice wrote:Find a post where I've been provocative....

This one's been gnawing at my craw since you posted it.

"What people like you can't understand what it's like to be a public Republican figure in this county. Think African-American civil rights leader in 1960 Alabama."

You owe a lot of people an apology for that one.

Don't even try and defend it. I know some people who actually where civil rights leaders in the '50's & '60's. No republican in Dane county is worried about the same things they were.

Just apologize and say nightnight.
dave esmond
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:00 am

Like I said, just walk around the UW campus in Madison. You will see PLO flags. You will see people who find a moral equivalency between Hamas/Hezbollah and Israel. There is RAMPANT anti-semitism.

This one irks me. I thought you only posted facts.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:01 am

AlternativeVoice wrote:To see who I ACTUALLY am and what I've ACTUALLY done, rather than all of the awful things they've accused me of.

Namely, a whining serial-prevaricator who, when called out on his naked bullshit, retreats behind an ink-cloud of sub-Clintonian legalisms.

Congratulations on being the human equivalent of a diseased cuttlefish.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:05 am

Contempt for Community:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44983&start=0
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:05 am

AlternativeVoice wrote:I do love this stuff.

No doubt.
AlternativeVoice wrote:Nothing has rebuilt my legacy around here like this jjoyce-led lynch mob. It's forcing people to go back and read through the archives to see my posts.

Enjoy that feeling while it lasts.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:07 am

To paraphrase one of the great legal minds of our day: Not only could I prove that you are guilty, but I could prove that you're innocent of not being guilty.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:13 am

fisticuffs wrote:
Like I said, just walk around the UW campus in Madison. You will see PLO flags. You will see people who find a moral equivalency between Hamas/Hezbollah and Israel. There is RAMPANT anti-semitism.

This one irks me. I thought you only posted facts.

This is a fact. I have an acquaintance and I have spent time at his place where he has a gigantic PLO flag hanging off his balcony. Anybody who has walked near campus has seen a number of these. So either you just don't live here, you don't see what you don't want to see, or you're a liar. Either of those three characteristics are worthy of banning.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 am

dave esmond wrote:
AlternativeVoice wrote:Find a post where I've been provocative....

This one's been gnawing at my craw since you posted it.

"What people like you can't understand what it's like to be a public Republican figure in this county. Think African-American civil rights leader in 1960 Alabama."

You owe a lot of people an apology for that one.

Don't even try and defend it. I know some people who actually where civil rights leaders in the '50's & '60's. No republican in Dane county is worried about the same things they were.

Just apologize and say nightnight.

Nope, I won't apologize. Republican leaders in this county have their cars attacked repeatedly, they have their personal property destroyed, and they have idiots shouting threats at them as they walk by.

Are Republicans murdered in the streets? No. But they can face some pretty scary thug tactics.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:16 am

Marvell wrote:Congratulations on being the human equivalent of a diseased cuttlefish.

Okay, this clown clearly needs to be banned. This is worse than anything I have ever said. This guy now has two posts on THIS VERY THREAD worse than anything I've ever said. So ban this troll.
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AlternativeVoice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:20 am

And once again, look at what you guys are attacking me for... having an opinion YOU DON'T AGREE WITH. Is that really such a crime? To have a different opinion?

You still haven't produced a single example of me personally going after somebody else. You haven't produced a single example of me trying to get under somebody else's skin. You haven't produced a single example of me hijacking a thread. You haven't found any of the things you have accused me of. I can find multiple examples of that behavior by other posters ON THIS VERY THREAD. Yet in the entire archives you can't find a single example of me doing it.

All you've found are opinions where you disagree with me. That is my crime..... having a different opinion on something. Wow... string me up right now, huh?
AlternativeVoice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dave esmond » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:25 am

AlternativeVoice wrote:Wow... string me up right now, huh?

You seriously defend comparing being a repub leader in Dane county to being a civil rights leader in 1960 Alabama? Then you pull the lynching reference?

Classy.

You're the one who asked "Find a post where I've been provocative".

Done.
Last edited by dave esmond on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
dave esmond
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:26 am

I can't possibly imagine how claiming that Joyce doesn't give a rat's ass about the community would ever be construed as inflammatory.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com