MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, September 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 47.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Stop teasing us Chuck Schick

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Stop teasing us Chuck Schick

Postby juanton » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:32 am

You gotta come back and whip this place back into shape.

Any one else with me in thinking that this place could use some spice again?
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Stop teasing us Chuck Schick

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:01 pm

This shit cracks me up.
'Cuz if anyone posts anything that sounds exactly like a Chuck rant, they get lambasted and attacked. But stick Chuck's name on it, and suddenly it's Foronic Gold.

Newsflash folks: I know of at least one other Foron who actually was Chuck Schick. That account has since been suspended by the admins because of so-called inflammatory posts. And as someone in the know, watching all you Chuck fans get whipped into a frenzy over those posts (often while praising Chuck and pointing out how this other guy wasn't nearly so clever) was hi-fucking-larious. So why would he even want to return, knowing what a bunch of thin-skinned ninnies currently populate this place?
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Crow » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:20 pm

So this is like those hidden cam commercials where schmoes think they’re getting high end eye-talian food, and it turns out to be mass market sludge?

“I have a confession to make! Chuck Schick didn’t write anything… Pizza Hut delivered that rant!”
Crow
Forum Addict

Postby Mean Scenester » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:28 pm

What Wags said.

Morons.
Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Meanie are you Chuck Schick? Would you tell us if you were?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:40 pm

fisticuffs wrote:Meanie are you Chuck Schick? Would you tell us if you were?
Would you believe him if he did?
Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:41 pm

Yes I would. Meanie is mean sure but he's always been honest. And frankly I wasn't very active back in Chuck's days. I only know him through reputation.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:48 pm

Is Chuck the only foron with his own bobos?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Newsflash folks: I know of at least one other Foron who actually was Chuck Schick. That account has since been suspended by the admins because of so-called inflammatory posts.

Really? That's interesting.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:11 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
Prof. Wagstaff wrote:Newsflash folks: I know of at least one other Foron who actually was Chuck Schick. That account has since been suspended by the admins because of so-called inflammatory posts.

More interesting still is that, if memory serves, you were one of the most vocal critics of that particular Foron, perhaps even instrumental in his account being suspended (not banned, mind you -- I don't want Jason jumping on me for suggesting he was -- but the account was created with an e-mail address which was no longer active when the suspension hit, so there was no way to reactivate it.)

Also, The Walrus was Paul.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:18 pm

jjoyce wrote:Is Chuck the only foron with his own bobos?

Heh. In my house, "bobo" means pacifier.

Interpret that as you will.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
TheBookPolice wrote:

More interesting still is that, if memory serves, you were one of the most vocal critics of that particular Foron, perhaps even instrumental in his account being suspended (not banned, mind you -- I don't want Jason jumping on me for suggesting he was -- but the account was created with an e-mail address which was no longer active when the suspension hit, so there was no way to reactivate it.)

Also, The Walrus was Paul.

Cool. I think, if memory serves me correctly, Henry Vilas was the first to assume that lordofthecockrings was Chuck.

Speaking of Henry, what happened to him? Did he just give up like nickle&dimed and cattyr, or did he decide to stay in St Maarten?
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:08 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:...I know this, I know that...

In my opinion, his shit was/is funny. I don't care what you know, who you know, or how you know, it won't change my opinion.

The big difference between the Chuck character and the other folks who you say got lambasted for acting/posting similarly, is that the lambasted didn't know how to prevent getting their asses handed to them. I could care less if he argued with himself or presented himself as a different character via another forum identity that eventually got suspended/banned. The character Chuck Schick posted quality jabs.

Edited to remove personal jab at Wagstaff.
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:28 pm

juanton wrote:In my opinion, his shit was/is funny. I don't care what you know, who you know, or how you know, it won't change my opinion.

I don't think your opinion is that for off from Wagstaff's, actually. He's has personally commented to me that he's missed my presence here on occasion.

No, the point is that I got away with all kinds of shit that would no longer stand here if posted under any other moniker (and I can attest to this unlike anyone), which is just one reason these posts of mine you're reading now should be treated as novelty, rather than some return-to-form. I have positively no interest in engaging in the Schickean dialogs of yore. That shit took time and an abysmally shitty job to pull off, and I no longer have either.

That said, I miss writing my old rant column for The Wisconsinite, so if anyone out there has inches to fill (heh) and a modest budget, talk to me. Otherwise, generally speaking, no free time = no free content (not to get all Bluntian on your asses).

Frankly, a lot of what drew me here in the first place has gone the way of Sunday night's dinner. It's flattering to think this place went south when I split, but even I'm not that big an egotistical asshole.

And what the fuck is up with some of you assholes jumping all over Walter? Jesus, the most compelling and entertaining foron to join the fray in a long-ass time and some of you dicks gotta go all "fuck tha po-lice" on him. Nice work there, fuckwads.
Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:39 pm

That is a common sentiment on Internet discussion forums, Chuck. The anti-police sentiment, I mean. I haven't figured out why it's so pervasive on the Internet as opposed to the "real world". Also pervasive on the internet: gun hoarders and collectors who will discuss gun purchases in a thread for 10 pages. Haven't figured the prevalence of that one out either. If we are to judge by the Internet community and use a venn diagram, we would have to conclude that a disturbingly large percentage of the population have enough weapons to arm a militant cult of 200 and a strong desire to use such weapons against local law enforcement.
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com