MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Friday, July 11, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 74.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Banning People...

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Banning People...

Postby bygone » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:23 pm

supaunknown wrote:Why is the the junior high bullshit that goes on at madison.com being discussed here? Go there and piss all you want.

i don't care for sifting through bullshit. tell it to the troll.
Last edited by bygone on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bygone

Postby bitcharista » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:19 pm

This is a particularily bad case of someone being cut in half.
bitcharista
Forum Addict

Postby Jazznews » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:19 pm

bygone wrote:don't believe anything that person writes in regards to madison.com.

kerpoof is not able to ban forum users because that person does not have administrative access. neither does sandi. i'm friends with kerpoof and she is one of my favorite people.

She banned me and deleted my posts the other night. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with her. I like her too, though it's not mutual on her part. But there are people who are site support people who help out there. Nothing wrong with that either, since there are so many trolls and spammers that go in there.

The only reason I went on there was to bring up a thread about something I promised before I was banned. The sitemod was on when I posted and didn't ban me. I posted under my real name, plus my middle initial. But that's all in the past and I guess no one wanted it to happen anyway. That's fine with me, I guess. I just like to fulfill my promises.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby bygone » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:36 pm

She banned me and deleted my posts the other night.

like I wrote earlier. bullshit. it's not possible.

But there are people who are site support people who help out there.

you're sure about that, huh?
do everyone on these forums here a favor and piss off with madison.com bullshit already.
bygone

Postby HeyZeus » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:42 am

I say we unban Harrissimo.
HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jazznews » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:44 pm

bygone wrote:
She banned me and deleted my posts the other night.

like I wrote earlier. bullshit. it's not possible.

Like it or not, it's true. Literate and Kerpoof said "who let Genie in?" and then I was banned. Twice - under another name. It was late at night when the site mod wasn't around. My husband saw it, he could attest to it.

Besides, how would you know unless you are the site mod? :P

But there are people who are site support people who help out there.

you're sure about that, huh?
do everyone on these forums here a favor and piss off with madison.com bullshit already.

I was asked to be a guest moderator. Atlas asked me and sent me the info on how to do it. Then he changed his mind. There was an explanation about deleting posts and banning. I still have the email if you wish to see it.
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:52 pm

Why would you ever possibly think that it's reasonable to have this discussion here? Do you ever read over your stuff before hitting the submit button? Consider that post for just a second. It's completely without merit for anyone outside a very small, entirely uninteresting group of people who need to diversify their lives a little. Or a lot.

I'm seriously ashamed to admit that I have an inkling of an idea what you're talking about. It makes me feel like the member of a very pathetic club.

Not only is this not even close to appropriate to post to this board, continuing to do so will result in a lifetime ban.

Seriously, I can't believe I've been such an idiot to let you show up again and again with different usernames, but the same confused agenda. I can't hazard even the wildest guess as to what your intent is on these boards, but there is no doubt in my mind that your posts have slammed the brakes on some threads and directly turned people off to these boards.

Someone needs to set a standard for what passes for decent content here and I guess it falls to me, since any member of the community who has attempted to do so has been frustrated to the point of leaving altogether.

Shake yourself loose, for crying out loud.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby christopher_robin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:02 pm

"but there is no doubt in my mind that your posts have slammed the brakes on some threads and directly turned people off to these boards."

Yeah, it's pretty bad. <jazznews> and a few others really kill any momentum more eloquent posters try to generate. It's kind of like running in mud these days.

Bring the hammer down.
christopher_robin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jazznews » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:05 pm

I always liked your threads in the Post section, Christopher. But because some trolls had me banned I cannot post there.

So delete the posts. You know I've tried to post here without making problems. I have 3 people on ignore. What's the point? A certain group of people follows me from forum to forum and harasses me. There's nothing I can do about it. I never asked for the trolls, they attack me without provocation and I try to defend myself.

All I want is to take part in discussions about politics and such. I've lived here all my life and my family has been here since before Madison was a city. They're mentioned in Stu Levitan's book. I know a lot about Madison and the politicians. But instead of being able to discuss things I end up with people outing me and harassing me.

So now my computer's broken and I cannot post much. Go ahead and cheer, okay?
Jazznews
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:19 pm

Right. It's everybody else's fault.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Thusnelda » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:25 pm

Please, Jason?

Please?
Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MeLurkyLongTime » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:22 pm

Jazznews wrote: I've lived here all my life and my family has been here since before Madison was a city. They're mentioned in Stu Levitan's book. I know a lot about Madison and the politicians. But instead of being able to discuss things I end up with people outing me and harassing me.

So let me get this straight, you are so popular that people are actually following you around on forums with the sole purpose of harassing you and you are entitled to all of this nonsensical blather because you have lived here a long time and are mentioned in a book? Sweet. Narcissism on the rampage!
MeLurkyLongTime
Forum Addict

Postby bygone » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Jazznews wrote: She banned me and deleted my posts the other night.

that's incorrect. it's not possible. accept that or don't, but what you write is factually inaccurate and physically impossible.

Jazznews wrote: But because some trolls had me banned I cannot post there.

you got yourself banned and you know exactly why.
Last edited by bygone on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bygone

Postby jjoyce » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:39 pm

Maybe this wasn't made clear enough: We're not interested in the skirmishes from other sites spilling under the door here.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bygone » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:42 pm

jjoyce wrote:Maybe this wasn't made clear enough: We're not interested in the skirmishes from other sites spilling under the door here.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

jason, you said if misinformation is posted to come in and set the record straight. there is a lot of misinformation being posted here by a certain forum user and I'm in this thread to set the record straight. i don't enjoy these discussions either.

but i respect your wishes, this forum and it's users. I will leave this subject alone.
bygone

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & TheDailyPage.com