MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, October 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Article commenters: Use your real names. Is this difficult?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Article commenters: Use your real names. Is this difficult?

Postby Peanutbutter » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:17 am

What name(s) appears on the by-line for the "Capitol Eye" column?

(I admit I haven't seen a paper-version of Isthmus for years. I thought it went internet-only, but am glad to hear you are instead also publishing on Sundays. I'll look for a copy next time I'm downtown.)
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:18 pm

See what happens when someone responds with insincere crank-yanking? You get this absurd pseudo-conversation.

I don't believe for a second that you thought Isthmus had gone online-only, Peeb, or that you think it publishes on Sunday, but I do believe that it's possible you stopped caring enough to actually read it.

http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=18842

Editor's note: Capitol Eye, Isthmus' anonymous observer of political intrigue, wrote the Capitol-based column from 1979 to 1996. We asked Eye to reflect on Lee Dreyfus' term as governor from 1979 to 1983.

I eagerly await either A) an unserious reply, or B) a parroted line.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:16 pm

snoqueen wrote:I don't use my real name on Internet sites, period.

The world is full of lunatics. I remember a mini-drama on TDPF just a few years ago where somebody went after someone else in person after an on-line dispute. (Wasn't this Patrick DePula and somebody else?

to the best of my knowledge and belief that was the case.

as i have pointed out in another thread, a fellow party member had a foron (who is included in this thread no less) go after him at 03.00 one night around ten years ago, and about the same time i received an obscene phone call which i presume was part of this, but was mistaken identity, just as it was with one of the fellows' neighbours who had windows broken.

i should point out that he took my suggestion of making a high-pressure sprayer that can be loaded with comet® cleanser, weaponised scopolamine or other substances so that the terrorist will soon have a visit from the stay-puft marshmallow man, the devil, or monsters -- or go home smelling like a skunk or have animals want to fuck him on account loading liquid hunting lure being copiously applied -- should this happen again. also, my wife keeps a wrist rocket and a bowl of three different sizes of ball bearings in a cabinet in the bathroom...
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:13 pm

I had Mr. Blues 'joke' that if he ran into me downtown, he'd shoot me.

Ha ha fucking ha, asshole.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com