MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
kayaks
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 74.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Best of TDPF

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Best of TDPF

Postby Mad Howler » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 pm

bdog wrote:Whoa old timer!

Ahhh, check my born on date. Been around this board in one form or another for less time than your current avatar.

bdog wrote:That's a lot to meditate on

Peej has old boring facts on his side and I am not "meditating" on what is self evident. I am "meditating" on how this notion escapes our nation.

MH
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 am

Mean Scenester wrote: Really? A free dessert is worth that public spectacle? Seriously, you're twelve. Grow the fuck up. p.s. Those poor bastards singing that song would pay good money to watch you choke to death on that chipwich.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 pm

I really liked this one.

john_titor wrote:
jjoyce wrote:
What else should be a rule?

If one is fit and able, possesses a two-stage snow-blower, and receives the amount and quality of snow as we did today, then one must celebrate the singularity that is man and machine. Being able to use the trick where the auger effortlessly pulls the machine along, is nirvana revealed in snow. The ability to get down to clean cement abides with the craftsman in me. Beautiful snow. Not too heavy, not too wet, not too much. Bang a gong, bring it on.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:03 am

Hey Jason, can you ban a poster from a particular thread?
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:24 am

Message received ... forced ... 'click'
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:16 am

snoqueen wrote:Someone else is using Meade's account today.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Bland wrote:Insults are a colorful, slangy part of language and are not meant to be taken literally. And any fartlicker who isn't a total fuck-knob knows this, ya moose-witted camelhumper.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:05 am

green union terrace chair wrote:
narcoleptish wrote:I thought it had ended but saw them back today by the Monkey bar.

Anyone else note the irony in the carpenters union bringing in outside non-union labor to protest.......non-union labor?

Who will protest the protestors?
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Michael Patrick wrote:
jjoyce wrote: I've said it before: Politics blows, mainly because of politicians.

So you decide not to participate in choosing better politicians. Got it.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:25 pm

Not voting today
by jjoyce » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 am

I've already been lectured about this by someone who is obviously a far better citizen and human being than myself, but I can't think of a reason to vote today. It might be different if there was a primary in my city council district or the circuit judge race, but there's not. The supreme court race will be more ridiculous than ever this year and I can't imagine that there's any chance that Roggensack will lose the general. That the Prosser vs. Bradley incident is an issue in this primary is disappointing. As for the school board, that body has done about as much to distinguish itself over the last several months as my junior high's student council. Not interested.

What pushed me over the top was the collection of emails from candidates this morning demanding, in all caps, that I vote today. These candidates weren't asking for my vote, they were commanding me to get to the polls.

I'll be sitting this one out.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 am

Ed Hughes wrote:And as a current School Board member, I get pretty incensed at candidates who are running to further their own career – or, God help me, to advance the agenda of the national Green Party -- or to express their opposition to Scott Walker or anything other than to help us address the substantial challenges we face in preparing all our students for the world they’ll inherit.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Galoot wrote:While I was a member of MTI, I would have been completely ok with having the union dissolve, and re-form under new leadership. And I knew other teachers at East who felt the same way, who hated John Matthews so much that they refused to wear any MTI logos or carry an MTI sign during the protests. They were mostly younger or newer teachers, which shouldn't be surprising.

I still regret not standing up at new teacher orientation back in 2005, when Mathews was speaking, and asking him why the hell he thought it wasn't a conflict of interest for him to make $30k a year as a board member of WPS or whatever that insanely expensive health care plan was.

I saw the whole crackdown on teachers unions coming, back in around 2001, and I told many people about it. After my experience with Prop 13 in California when I was in public schools there, it was quite clear that if public servants and their union representatives just blithely ignore public outcry against them, then there will be a huge voter backlash against them. No, I don't think that the Walker plan is reasonable, but I do think that Matthews could have done a hell of a lot to change public opinion about teachers and their union, if he hadn't acted like an arrogant prick for years about the issue of expensive health care insurance.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:40 pm

rabble wrote:Sandi is spelling "kool-aid" with a c solely to infuriate me. Doing a good job of it too.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:43 pm

In a thread about Brett Hulsey:

Stebben84 wrote:
jjoyce wrote:Know who else was "bizarre?" Abe Lincoln.

Ya, but did he ever push a kid off of an inner tube. I didn't think so.
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:02 am

ArturoBandini wrote:
Stu Levitan wrote:Why do you live here? It must pain you to do so.
The pros of living in society outweigh the cons, on net. One of the cons is city government.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com