MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 46.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Best of TDPF

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Best of TDPF

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Talon Newsman wrote:How typical of you leftists, that you want the government to regulate Job Creators like the owner of this facility.

Have you even stopped to consider how many jobs this explosion has created?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:45 pm

snoqueen wrote:I've got it.

Meade and Wags need to trade houses.

Wags's neighbors will be happy. Meade will have something new to obsess about, since Wags's lawn is imperfect and needs fixing. Wags doesn't care, so he'll be happy. Meade's old neighbors will probably be most relieved.

All good.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Marvell wrote:
Meade wrote:Reactionary liberals and socially conservative so-called Progressives.

This lump of ideological word salad has been brought to you by the stupidest motherfucker on the planet.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Meade wrote:
Marvell wrote:
Meade wrote:Reactionary liberals and socially conservative so-called Progressives.

This lump of ideological word salad has been brought to you by the stupidest motherfucker on the planet.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:37 pm

by pjbogart » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:42 am

Fault should never be a matter of chance. There should always be some intent involved, even if that intent is simply a careless or reckless attitude which caused injury, essentially a mindset whereby you ignored danger, perhaps even courted it. But when injury occurs people have a tendency to search for fault and crave retribution, not to benefit the victim nor to protect themselves, but rather to punish the person responsible, even if such responsibility is simply a matter of chance.

Why do we do this? Is it because we believe that on some level there is no such thing as chance? That all events are calculable? The lottery winner is admired for his wisdom, the victim of tragedy secretly disdained for his lack? Perhaps chaos frightens us while predictability gives us comfort. We like to believe that we are in control, even while disaster swirls about us.

We are a product of our experiences. Our triumphs and failures are not fully our own, but a matter of chance, a complicated mathematical equation that could stretch around the world three times. The doctor, the teacher, the burglar, the terrorist... each person lives with different memories, and those experiences shape who we are.

So as you search for answers and demand vengeance, keep in mind that fellow human beings began their existence exactly as you did. A collection of cells, growing into tiny organs and eventually an infant, fascinated by shapes and colors. Religion and politics were taught to them. And we all, in our own way, did that teaching.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun May 19, 2013 7:49 am

Leroy Gates wrote:You can pry my thermometer from my indeterminate temperature dead hands.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed May 22, 2013 5:37 pm

snoqueen wrote:Flat earth, flat tax.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu May 23, 2013 8:31 pm

snoqueen wrote:I know, I'm babbling. But enjoy it while you can.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri May 31, 2013 9:49 am

snoqueen wrote:I know I've been one of the guiltiest refuters, so maybe I'm talking to myself. And I probably won't totally stop. Hopefully there's some entertainment to be had.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ttusker » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:46 pm

Ducatista wrote:
green union terrace chair wrote:Isn't the proper, genderless label "waityr?"

No, no, that's half waiter, half goat.
Ttusker

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Meade wrote:Or are you asking in bad faith?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:15 pm

david cohen wrote:Geez and I just saw this as Scott Walker being jealous of this college student who is clearly on track to ACTUALLY GRADUATE.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Detritus wrote:
jjoyce wrote:My point exactly. This story managed to overshadow the much more significant abortion debate in certain areas yesterday. Seems to me that there were things going on that were worthy of actual outrage.

"Managed to?" Or "managed in order to?"
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Steve Vokers » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:55 am

narcoleptish wrote:Christ, can we keep from being washed away in the river of tears for the poor overworked Epic kids? Ohhh... to be in your early 20's and pulling in 60K or more, working in one of the most amazing office complexes in the country, taking your chef-made meal to the fucking corporate treehouse for your lunch break.

To suffer through that when you should be backpacking through Europe on your parents dime is truly a travesty of social justice.

I'm sure there are many people at Epic who work their asses off, but let's not lose perspective here, it's not a fucking coal mine.
Steve Vokers
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 am

snoqueen wrote:
I'd nominate snoqueen to run against Walker if I thought she'd accept.

I can't even get along with people on the bike path.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com