MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, September 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Untimely Madison Miscellany

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Untimely Madison Miscellany

Postby rrnate » Wed May 12, 2010 12:15 pm

dougie smooth wrote:What's with the tpdf homers defending a broken down site feature? Who gives a deuce about your tenderly sensitive distaste for Stu effing Levitan? I didn't have a clue who he was until jjoyce kicked off this bashing session, but The Stu is right about the miscellany. Leaving it stuck in time would be irritating and unprofessional even if it hadn't been a well-liked site feature. And adding injury to insult, I have to look at the same permanent Konkel Kwotes daily. Stop hitting yourself, indeed.

Well, Stu posted a sort-of-alarmist Forum topic which was basically him reiterating his oft-repeated complaint. He likes to present himself as a grownup but failed to act like one, so he earned himself a little teasing.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Oh, it's gone alright, replaced by The Sconz, which looks like a duplicate of Latest Posts. Why?
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peanutbutter » Sat May 15, 2010 8:25 am

It is just a FREE WEEKLY newspaper. We're not supposed to take it this seriously.
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby iwiw99 » Sat May 15, 2010 8:54 am

I read it all the time, misc restaurant reviews, Soglin, MPD reports, Konkel, it was a great feature. Tons of blogs all in one place. Stupid move. Stick to your high standards.
iwiw99
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Mon May 17, 2010 10:28 am

I appreciate that people are concerned about MM, seriously. As you could probably imagine, it's a chore to update, particularly with the "do more with less" ethic common at media companies these days.

We think it's a valuable feature, too, which is why we've been working on a way to make updating slightly less strenuous. The feature might end up being slightly less comprehensive as well (some days saw 40+ links, which is a ton).

There's some of this above, but if you care about MM, let us know what you want to see there the most.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:37 pm

iwiw99 wrote:I read it all the time, misc restaurant reviews, Soglin, MPD reports, Konkel, it was a great feature. Tons of blogs all in one place. Stupid move. Stick to your high standards.

This just about covers it. Restaurant reviews could go elsewhere.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swoon_queen » Tue May 18, 2010 8:44 am

jjoyce wrote:There's some of this above, but if you care about MM, let us know what you want to see there the most.

Thanks for the response! My personal favorite element that has appeared: links to blogs from Madison outsiders just stopping through-- probably would never read those otherwise, and sometimes they give an interesting perspective on the city. I also like links to live music show review blog posts and articles from beyond Wisconsin that relate to Madison in some way.
swoon_queen
Forum Addict

Postby bdog » Sun May 23, 2010 7:23 pm

I've always liked Howard Payne's blog
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com