MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, August 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 60.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Goofy Forum Happenings?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Goofy Forum Happenings?

Postby Exploding Pinto » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Has the forum been acting a little goofy for any of you patriots out there recently?

Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's this old, tired Dell, but here are a few things I've noticed recently:

1.) On the TDP homepage, I'll click one of the "top ten" threads, and it will re-route me to the board index page, or it will take me to another one of the top ten threads. I don't think I've all the sudden developed a cursor aim problem. This has happened to me maybe fives times.

2.) I'll hit the submit button to reply to a thread, and it doesn't submit
my response. This has happened to me twice. This could be me screwing up, I suppose.

3.) I think I saw someone's newly submitted response to a topic totally disappear today. It wasn't offensive, so I don't think it was admin muscle-flexing.

4.) I edited a post and didn't get the fancy last edited line on the bottom. Happened once.

I'm rocking IE7 on this particular computer. Hopefully this is out of left field for y'all. Anyone else?
Exploding Pinto
Forum Addict

Re: Goofy Forum Happenings?

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:12 pm

4) If you edit your post within a certain amount of time from first creating it, the edited postscript won't appear.

I haven't noticed anything goofy, except for certain forum replies. But they're from the people I expect that from, so it's not really unusual.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:57 pm

2) The only times I've noticed this is when someone else has posted before I have a chance to submit (in the time between hitting "Post Reply" and "Submit"). If I remember correctly, the other person's post is displayed and you must hit submit a second time.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Uncle_Leaver » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:26 pm

I blame the union thugs.
Uncle_Leaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Exploding Pinto » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:28 pm

4.) Eureka. Thanks green--I didn't know that.

2.) That might be it, j. In the past, though, wasn't there an alert that would pop up indicating that another post to the thread was submitted and asking if you still want to submit your post?

Well, shit. It doesn't sound like others are having problems, so it's probably yours truly.

Or maybe it's teachers. Bunch of lazy, part-time-workin', attention whores, those teachers. Yes, I blame teachers.
Exploding Pinto
Forum Addict

Postby fennel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:28 pm

Uncle_Leaver wrote:I blame the union thugs.
I read that as "union thongs." Where thong meets union suit, I suppose.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com