MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 28.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Bodies: The Exhibition AS CRITIC'S CHOICE?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Bodies: The Exhibition AS CRITIC'S CHOICE?

Postby rabble » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Uncle_Leaver wrote: I'm pretty fucking comfortable with my grip on semantics, thanks.

I figured you might be.
Uncle_Leaver wrote:But thanks for completely ignoring the point I was making in favor of nursing your easily bruised ego. Guess there's no merit to anything I've said ... so you just keeping reaching for that rainbow and advocating for the dead. Let me know where that gets ya.

Yeah, the best way to make a point is to bruise egos.

A long time ago, Gandhi was asked what should we do about all the suffering in the world. His reply was that we should pay more attention to the wrongs in our back yards than the ones across the ocean. If we all did that, it would be better. This is in my back yard and I can do a lot more about it than I can by telling China it ought to stop with the political persecution, because you know, China really cares what I think.

I understood your point and the fucking 2x4 you used to try and make it, and now your poor little ego is bruised because I didn't feel like ignoring your fucking implication and letting you crap all over those who don't agree with you. Fine. You can now have the last word, and lemme know how that works out for ya.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Uncle_Leaver » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:53 pm

rabble wrote:Yeah, the best way to make a point is to bruise egos.

Here's a pacifier.

Suck it.
Uncle_Leaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:37 pm

So, um, no comment from the Isthmus staff on this?

Not about me and Leaver being childish, I mean. About that whole questionable source of bodies thing.

Nothing to say about it? No "We have the utmost faith in advertisers who pay their bills" or "we have it under consideration" or anything like that?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Right Bower » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm

rabble wrote:So, um, no comment from the Isthmus staff on this?

Not about me and Leaver being childish, I mean. About that whole questionable source of bodies thing.

Nothing to say about it? No "We have the utmost faith in advertisers who pay their bills" or "we have it under consideration" or anything like that?

Are you calling for comments from other media in town as well? Adams Outdoor? Madison Metro? The Onion?
Right Bower
Forum Addict

Postby snoqueen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:26 pm

They aren't going to answer anonymous gripes about anonymous dead bodies.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Uncle_Leaver » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:04 pm

snoqueen wrote:They aren't going to answer anonymous gripes about anonymous dead bodies.

It's true that a letter to the editor is almost certainly more likely to get a response. That said, Lueders has responded to me personally on this very board on one occasion where I took a particular op-ed author to task for his disingenuous piece. I think even Schick (*cough*) got some personal attention that way ... of course I wouldn't be able to speak for that long-gone jackass (*cough, cough*).

I do think Isthmus could do the right thing and shine a light on this whole kerfuffle, but something tells me an exposé of a paid advertiser might not fly all the way to the paper 'n' ink stage.
Uncle_Leaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HOMOsapien » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:35 pm

I'm too much of a smart-ass drama queen. FUck it! Never take me seriously.

I'm not going to do the investigative work on this one in order to confirm the accuracy of statements. But, if it's found that what the OP is saying is true, point it out to your readers. The thought of victims of left wing communist torture being put on display for the viewing pleasures of west side liberals grosses me out.
HOMOsapien

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Does Isthmus have anyone who acts in the role of an ombudsman?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Right Bower wrote:Are you calling for comments from other media in town as well? Adams Outdoor? Madison Metro? The Onion?

As far as I know, none of those organizations claims to be a righter of wrongs and a bastion for the mistreated masses. This organization, if I remember rightly, claims to hold itself to a high moral standard. I still think it does and I'm assuming a lack of response means they're taking time to prepare one.

But this is the last time I'll ask. If they choose not to respond, my opinion of them will fall a bit, but it won't be the first time an organization I respected turned out to be run by people who were just as human as the rest of us.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dulouz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:30 pm

My mistake. I thought that this was about the Joan Rivers event. . .
Dulouz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:06 pm

The bodies can be seen here:
http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/madison/
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com