MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 43.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Ex-Mayor Dave's blog

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Ex-Mayor Dave's blog

Postby Bad Gradger » Fri May 27, 2011 2:02 pm

I appreciate Isthmus wanting to add more voices to its forum, and I'm sure Dave Cieslewicz has some interesting and insightful things to say. His introductory post says he's going to talk about cities. Cool.

But his first real post is basically, "Madison should do what I ran on and lost." And his second is, "That thing I wrote last time? Let's do that." Both are short and read like a regurgitation of his campaign talking points. As the blog reader, I don't find this particularly interesting or insightful. More content would be appreciated.

And if he's blogging regularly, shouldn't he be under the "The Daily" dropdown?
Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Ex-Mayor Dave's blog

Postby bdog » Fri May 27, 2011 2:20 pm

From Mayor Dave to Nyquil Dave.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Ex-Mayor Dave's blog

Postby PAOLO VERDE » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:58 pm

Mayor Dave deserves retaining the title as much as Hizzoner Soglin did beyond his elected terms. His remarks re: urban rental renaissance is encouraging. As a 2-flat owner-occupant I look forward to a return to sanity among potential tenants. Low % mortgages drove a wedge into the desirable rental market for several years, making it tough to make expenses when seeking good tenants. Condos are not for everyone either. Those seeking a nice apartment with little homeowner responsibility can find great places such as our 1st floor unit with porch across from Lake Monona. We one unit landlords are not in the same league as multiple unit owners yet we have great, safe, places to offer.
PAOLO VERDE

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com