MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 78.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Maniaci's parking ticket

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Maniaci's parking ticket

Postby roadkill bill » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Really? She works downtown, lives in the 700 block of E Johnson, gets a free bus pass as an alder, and she ends up getting a ticket for parking her car too long and too frequently in the Municipal lot?

Admit it, Alder M, you're too lazy to walk or bike, too cheap to pay for parking downtown, and feel the bus is beneath you. Or you are perpetually late. Hmmm... I think I've hit on the answer.
roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Maniaci's parking ticket

Postby jjoyce » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:42 pm

Let me start off by saying this: I think alders should get free parking downtown. I don't know if it should be in that lot, necessarily, but they do have reasons for coming and going and maybe they should all get a pass to pull in and out of the Doty ramp whenever.

As someone who works kitty-corner from that lot, I've always been bugged by it, mainly because it's so under-utilized. You've got a half-block of pavement there and it's usually empty, probably because it's enforced 24/7 and the meters are so expensive. Why not just turn it into green space? Downtown could use a nice little park and I'm sure it would actually get used.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:18 pm

roadkill bill wrote:Admit it, Alder M, you're too lazy to walk or bike, too cheap to pay for parking downtown, and feel the bus is beneath you.

So this makes her different from 95% of the population how? The fact that this qualifies as news is pretty laughable, regardless of how one may feel about Alder M.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:30 pm

I don't know if it's really her, or the way she's covered in the press, or some prejudice of my own, but I feel like the only time I ever hear about Maniaci is when she's found some new way to define "prima donna." Anybody else feel like that?
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com