MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, November 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 19.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

2 things: Secure Connections and TDP Mobile Forum

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

2 things: Secure Connections and TDP Mobile Forum

Postby Endo Rockstar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:29 am

I'm not a techie (mac guy--says it all) but in light of Jason posting the "Stupid Things You Do Online" article ( http://lifehacker.com/5880121/the-stupid-things-you-do-online-and-how-to-fix-them ) is it possible to update the login screen to a secure "https" connection? Would it be worth it to people?

I'm a fan of having TDPF Mobile on my iphone when I have to take the bus--it allows me to avoid eye contact with younglings. But it could use some tuning up.

I'd really like to see the Madison's talking about section on the first page of the Forum before the Board Index:

And I'd still like to see page numbers on top of the screen once you are in a thread. Otherwise you get to the first page and have to scroll through 20 posts to get to this:

I would like to thank the Isthmus staff for taking the time to put the mobile site together even with its minor flaws. You guys rock.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Re: 2 things: Secure Connections and TDP Mobile Forum

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 am

Endo Rockstar wrote:And I'd still like to see page numbers on top of the screen once you are in a thread.

I'll second that.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Re: 2 things: Secure Connections and TDP Mobile Forum

Postby jman111 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:14 am

Or, how about page numbers (or at least a "last page" link) in the "Madison's Talking About" section, similar to those available when using the "view active topics" option? It is nice to be able to just jump to the last page, instead of always starting over at page 1 of each thread.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com