MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, July 31, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 82.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Availability of Isthmus

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Availability of Isthmus

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun May 06, 2012 5:31 pm

I've noticed that the some retail establishments no longer allow the distribution of the paper version of Isthmus. The Open Pantry at Randall and Regent stopped some time ago. (They said they no longer host any free papers.) More recently, the UWCU across from Camp Randall also nixed the paper's stand. I was told it was the credit union's decision. As a member, I expressed my displeasure.

Anyone else notice problems getting the paper?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Availability of Isthmus

Postby bdog » Sun May 06, 2012 5:51 pm

The only problem I've noticed is that (what seems to be) 99% of the population lacks the ability to take a copy of the paper without fucking up the rest of the stack.

My theory is you have to get there within 5 minutes of the paper being dropped off or it will be a mess.

I usually get mine at Woodmans.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Sun May 06, 2012 6:04 pm

I find it harder to locate a copy too-generally have to hit the square or Woodmans these days
peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun May 06, 2012 6:15 pm

It hasn't been a problem for me yet. My sources are Woodmans, and a couple of gas stations I hit depending on whether I need gas or a lottery ticket and Isthmus but no gas.

Agree about the mess, and may be part of the problem, since I hate the insert or two that I'm not interested in that get stuck in there every week. I tend to leave those behind in favor of the actual paper.

And you know how it is. Nobody takes the one in front. Ewwww!! I reach back and snag the 5th one back or so.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com