MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

Hey Admin: please consider deleting Intrade update thread

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Hey Admin: please consider deleting Intrade update threa

Postby Peanutbutter » Thu May 24, 2012 9:39 am

snoqueen wrote:I haven't the slightest idea what the intrade topic is supposed to mean.

You have no idea what it is about, but you know it should be deleted?

Perhaps Isthmus should set the board up so you aren't required to read all the threads. Once they get that figured out, you can then not read the threads you don't understand.
Peanutbutter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu May 24, 2012 10:24 am

I never said it should be deleted, and I do not think it should be deleted.

I can't figure out what he's trying to say with it, that's all. Of course, posting weeks of meaningless material with no explanation tends to speak for itself.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu May 24, 2012 4:35 pm

O.J. wrote:
snoqueen wrote:I haven't the slightest idea what the intrade topic is supposed to mean.

It means that it's quite easy to get under Larry's skin, and I sincerely apologize to all of Foronia for my part in instigating him. I'll try not to make that mistake again.

Here's what O.J. typed on April 12:
Larry is just freaking out because the latest from Intrade suggests that Obama has a 61% chance of re-election. This isn't some poll that Larry would choose to ignore if it didn't fit his needs, this is a perfect example of people putting their money where their mouths are, in a free market. Larry is apoplectic today, let's give him a break.

Now, on May 24, Obama is down to 57.8 while Walker is up to 92.

As O.J. said 6 weeks ago, "This isn't some poll that [O.J.] would choose to ignore if it didn't fit his needs, this is a perfect example of people putting their money where their mouths are, in a free market."

92. I hope someone has O.J. on stroke watch. I'd hate for all of Foronia to lose him unnecessarily due to apoplexy.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com