MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, July 12, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 71.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Passing thought.

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Passing thought.

Postby Bludgeon » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:30 am

One week of the year, they should let us forons write the magazine. It would be a good way to highlight TDPF, good way to get the newspaper readers to engage on the forum, increase traffic, and it would be fun.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Passing thought.

Postby bdog » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:17 am

I think that is already happening most weeks of the year.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bludgeon » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:18 am

bdog wrote:I think that is already happening most weeks of the year.

Hm. Did not know that.
Bludgeon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:37 am

Bludgeon wrote:One week of the year, they should let us forons write the magazine. It would be a good way to highlight TDPF, good way to get the newspaper readers to engage on the forum, increase traffic, and it would be fun.

Yes, this would be an excellent way for Bludgeon to reach a larger audience when he makes shit up.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:43 am

The Brett Hulsey thread would certainly fascinate the print edition's wider audience, and probably drive more participation in the forum.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Re: A passing thought.

Postby city2countrygal » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:38 am

Super Sorry, but I had to spin this thread because "passing thought" and "driving" was just too hard for me to resist.

Hey lady in the Saturn dissing me on University Ave at 6 last night:

Just wanted you to know I’m a really good driver. My passenger’s side bumper was hit last week in a hit and run when I was not in
the car.

I also have really good brakes, and I have saved lives by being an attentive driver. A few months ago, a car full of people pulled out in front of me on E. Johnson right before E. Wash. I was able to stop just a few feet from their car. Everyone in each car was shaken up, but I was not a bitch and didn’t give them the finger or judge them.

Also, I am not wealthy. I live in a one room apartment, two if you count the bathroom. I got a great deal on my car (under the Kelly Blue Book price) after watching it on the lot for almost a year.
I also have a sneaking suspicion the salesman knew my dad back in the day, but that is not confirmed. And I get all my clothes from the clearance rack.

And a TIP for you (re: brakes:) I’m trying not to run so many yellow and red lights. I’m not perfect, but at least I’m trying to do better.

FYI: My previous car was a manual 5-speed silver Saturn, and I took care of that car really well too.
Last edited by city2countrygal on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby city2countrygal » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:31 pm

"Straight Up"
by P. Abdoul, 1988

I never knew. I already said I’m "dumb as a Dodo," so if you don’t
tell me directly, I won’t get thee.

Many people gave me a ride home Fresh year, and that I mean literally my dear. But only a few met Daddy, including you two.
And, honestly, you are the only one I ever studied philosophy with. "Get it? Got it? Good." See Danny Kaye, esp. his performance on the Muppets circa 1978: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfh5Jn0YIl4 and also maybe a quote like this, that also reminds me of that one abstract artist:
Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.

Why didn’t you tell me? I can’t say things would have been different, but just maybe. I doodoo know I would have been more discreet. You can’t blame me for what I never knew.

Why would I have asked you what you were doing studying in that other room if I knew? Looking back, and the fact that you didn’t [couldn’t] even answer me, now I realize. Like I may have said before, hindsight is 20/20. The proof is in the pudding, chocolate, that is. See or read Choke. It’s one of those where the movie is
just about as good as the book. And Sam Rockwell (also have you seen Moon?) is fabulously funny in it.

And I still like Chuck P, even tho Urban D may diss thee. Did I
meet cha on an airplane? What a dummy I may be!!! Just call me “Dummy Amy.” But DO NOT call me “doll” (Ned). Because I am
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

Dedicated to Sharon Tate (esp. on this date)
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com