MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, August 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 76.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

MY least-favorite Forons

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

MY least-favorite Forons

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 am

Oh come on.
You didn't really think I would go there, did you?

But if pressed, I would say that I am my own least-favorite Foron.

I talk out my ass a lot and get shit wrong (although, I'm much more likely to admit I'm wrong than many others here... but I could be wrong about that.)
I've been trying harder not to be, but I am still often belligerent and reactionary.
And sometimes I start stupid fucking threads that go nowhere and die ignominious deaths.

That said, I don't (usually) post responses longer than the original posts anymore where I parse every sentence and nitpick the least relevant details (although all it would take to get me back on that track is lack of sleep and some dumb post about how science is my religion to get me riled up again.)
And I've mostly stopped responding to trolls (and even non-trolls. I love pointing out what how horrible Arturo's views are but I rarely engage him directly anymore, cuz what's the point?)
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Re: MY least-favorite Forons

Postby pjbogart » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 pm

What? No one's going to offer Wags a "worst of"? I'll bite.

Sandi is a relative newcomer, but her mind-numbingly moronic posts have rocketed her towards the top in her short tenure. She consistently offers us bad information from websites where bad information is the norm, and the fact that she hasn't realized that her sources are the bulk of her problem lands her at #3.

At #2 is Laurence Meade. He's the charlatan of the Daily Page, feigning interest and concern where it's not needed and showing crass, sometimes laughable, ignorance where it is. In the end, Meade is nothing more than a team player, a reliable apologist for inexcusable positions. He'd be #1 if he could be expected to know better.

Ned still tops my list, despite the valiant efforts of Meade. Ned's contributions have shriveled to a mere shadow of his former homophobic, racist and misogynistic self. He apparently considers photoshopped pictures to be informational, and only occasionally offers a few snipes at current events. Tired and predictable, Ned rarely says anything that you couldn't have heard on Rush Limbaugh, but what really cements him into the #1 spot is the sense that he knows better. Whereas Sandi and Meade simply repeat lies, Ned adopts them and makes them his own. It's one thing to be dumb, but it's quite another to be actively engaged in disinformation.

Kudos to Ned, he gets five out of five douches.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 am

pjbogart wrote:What? No one's going to offer Wags a "worst of"? I'll bite.
Come now, I admitted at the top of my post I was just joshin'.
Given the self-depracation of my post, I was kind of hoping this thread would just turn into a self-help seminar for me personally. I'm trying to be a better Foron, not sow discontent.

That said, nice picks.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Looks like pj's been hittin' the bottle again.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:52 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
pjbogart wrote:What? No one's going to offer Wags a "worst of"? I'll bite.
Come now, I admitted at the top of my post I was just joshin'.
Given the self-depracation of my post, I was kind of hoping this thread would just turn into a self-help seminar for me personally. I'm trying to be a better Foron, not sow discontent.

That said, nice picks.

Wags! Holy cow, you tricked me into being an asshole. Now everyone knows!
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com