MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, January 30, 2015 |  Madison, WI: 24.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Stop changing people's posts when quoting them

Postby scratch » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:47 pm

barney wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:We shouldn't gloat. Cornbread might be back.

Or Sheppy. *shudder*

Or Meade (or Genie, or Cornbread, or any other of the departed) could also come back with a different moniker and enough of a different originating address that the admin either doesn't notice or doesn't care that it's a returning foron. That's one problem with the banning option.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:08 pm

jjoyce wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:Someone grew a pair! Congrats Jason. The forum is a better place for it.

... he wrote anonymously. What a helluva thing to say about somebody.

86'd over three hours ago. Not happy about it. Kinda wish you'd follow him out the door.

What the fuck is your problem with me? Does anyone else who knows care to chime in? Show me some evidence that I'm anything close to a problem on this board.
I have no idea where your hatred for me comes from. You lump my posts in with the worst trolls on the internet but the evidence just isn't there. I kinda wished you would do your job for once. And it happened. Good for you.

I'm sure he's not happy about it. I can only imagine the ridiculous shit storm you get to deal with but just because something is difficult is no reason not to do it. You were being shat on daily by someone who was here for one reason only, to shit. I've been a part of this community now for 9 years. Don't lump me in with your problem because I called you out not handling it.

- James Jones
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Fisti, I don't know why you're on the s-list either, but I'm famously dense.

86'd over three hours ago. Not happy about it.

Well, a lot of us have been very not happy for a long time. What goes around comes around.

I can't believe after all the deliberate provocation he did the last few days, he can't understand why this is a direct result of his own behavior. Major social disconnect. If he was someone's kid, this would be a big learning experience. For an adult -- who knows?

Thanks for cleaning this place up, JJ. I believe this will bring good results in the long run.
Last edited by snoqueen on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:27 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
jjoyce wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:Someone grew a pair! Congrats Jason. The forum is a better place for it.

86'd over three hours ago. Not happy about it. Kinda wish you'd follow him out the door.

What the fuck is your problem with me? Does anyone else who knows care to chime in? Show me some evidence that I'm anything close to a problem on this board.
I have no idea where your hatred for me comes from. You lump my posts in with the worst trolls on the internet but the evidence just isn't there. I kinda wished you would do your job for once. And it happened. Good for you.

I'm sure he's not happy about it. I can only imagine the ridiculous shit storm you get to deal with but just because something is difficult is no reason not to do it. You were being shat on daily by someone who was here for one reason only, to shit. I've been a part of this community now for 9 years. Don't lump me in with your problem because I called you out not handling it.

- James Jones

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Read through your posts on this thread. The content is classless and insulting. "Grew a pair"? Who talks like that?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:32 pm

jjoyce wrote:"Grew a pair"? Who talks like that?

well...
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:21 pm

jjoyce wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:We shouldn't gloat.

No, you shouldn't. You didn't do anything.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
jjoyce wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:I think you are right...

Do you? And why would you think that?

Just wondering why a certain (former?) foron got a pass for things you didn't tolerate from others.

Yes, you could. You could wonder. Or. you could let it go. You could let your settled, wiser, mature self win out over your argumentative churlish self.
As always, your call.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:52 am

fisticuffs wrote:
jjoyce wrote:

Fisti, you used to be really shrill, reactionary and fall for Ned's baiting every single time (thus becoming one of his favorite targets), but I think you've really mellowed out over the last couple of years and become a lot more reasonable. And I say this as someone who disagrees with you more often than not. (So this is all a compliment.) You are able to better argue without resorting to hyperbole and ad hominems.

I think you just caught Jason on a bad day here. It sucks for an admin of such a small board to have to ban anybody, but I think it was justified here.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 am

green union terrace chair wrote:I think you just caught Jason on a bad day here. It sucks for an admin of such a small board to have to ban anybody, but I think it was justified here.

I think I caught him on a bad day 6 years ago and he can't let it go.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Green » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:29 pm

So what if you quote someone that has quoted an adjusted quote? Are you then to blame?
Or is it the establishment?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You think that rule is bad. I just ran into this rule when trying to post:

Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 6.
How can anyone actually say that there are too many smiles in anything these days???
weeeeeeeeeee
Green

Postby Huckleby » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:57 pm

I hadn't noticed that "fixed" posts had become so menacing. But I often don't detect a creeping scourge until it's too late.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:31 pm

jjoyce wrote:Read through your posts on this thread. The content is classless and insulting. "Grew a pair"? Who talks like that?

i agree with Jason. Fisticuffs too often seems like he is in a bar and just wants to argue and fight, as his user name implies. But the crude sailor award goes to Endo Rockstar who makes vulgar posts like this routinely:

Endo Rockstar wrote:That is fucking retarded.
-Dan Motor

It would be nice if they would both tone it down or find another board.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Shorty wrote:It would be nice if they would both tone it down or find another board.

I want in on that other board.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:24 am

Ducatista wrote:
Shorty wrote:It would be nice if they would both tone it down or find another board.

I want in on that other board.

Done. And it appears you can be the architect of a new and better cyber-world.

No shot at you Ducatista, I'm just amused the site exists.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com