MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 66.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

I love my mini-chopper!

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

I love my mini-chopper!

Postby universitylad » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:53 am

I purchased this new mini-chopper on sale after Christmas for less than 8 USD! Summertime means lots of chicken and tuna salad for me, and the preparation is so much quicker. I can chop an onion and some celery in seconds! Clean up is a breeze as the chopper bowl is dishwasher safe. This is one new appliance I don't want to be without!

universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pattymcnutt » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:45 pm

Right now I have a Magic Bullet (as seen on TV!) because my apartment is very small and I don't have space for a lot of small appliances (like a food processor). However, I am not really thrilled with the 'ol Bullet, so maybe this would be a good option for me....hmmm...
pattymcnutt
Forum Addict

Postby universitylad » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:49 pm

pattymcnutt wrote:Right now I have a Magic Bullet (as seen on TV!) because my apartment is very small and I don't have space for a lot of small appliances (like a food processor). However, I am not really thrilled with the 'ol Bullet, so maybe this would be a good option for me....hmmm...

My mother has one that is a little smaller and vertically oriented. Hers works great for chopping garlic and onions too. I'd prefer the size of hers, but this was a steal and it works for me. I have a fair amount of counter space.

I've seen this one at Williams-Sonoma which looks cool but is a little more expensive:
http://www.silvernutmeg.com/FullProd.php?PNAME=Cuisinart_Mini_Food_Processor&p_id=727
universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

mini chopper

Postby anaranjado » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:07 pm

I just bought one for 19.99 at Target (I forgot the brand name, maybe black and decker). It's a two cup mini-chopper and I have used it twice with great results:
1. Used it to chop up garlic and then make a great balsamic vinaigrette. The chopper emulsified the salad dressing quickly and easily. The consistency was so much better than simply whisking a salad dressing by hand. It was thicker, creamier and more balanced.
2. Boyfriend made grasshoppers (mint ice cream with vodka and creme de cacao) as a night cap. Mini chopper blended it up in seconds and it was great!
This is a good purchase. You can find them much more expensive, but this little one works fine. I think they also had a one cup machine for 12.99.
anaranjado

Return to Cooking & Food issues