MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 43.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Looking for a Margarita/Sangria Combo Drink

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Looking for a Margarita/Sangria Combo Drink

Postby bassbari » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:00 pm

Since we are on the Tex Mex topic, it made me think about the time when I visited my brother in Dallas. We went to this Tex Mex place that served these awesome drinks. They were the the consistancy of a frozen slurpy from a convienient store and were served in a swirl of 50/50 frozen margarita and frozen sangria. They sure hit the spot on a 90 degree day. Is there anywhere around here that makes these?
bassbari
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Looking for a Margarita/Sangria Combo Drink

Postby donges » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:48 pm

bassbari wrote:Since we are on the Tex Mex topic, it made me think about the time when I visited my brother in Dallas. We went to this Tex Mex place that served these awesome drinks. They were the the consistancy of a frozen slurpy from a convienient store and were served in a swirl of 50/50 frozen margarita and frozen sangria. They sure hit the spot on a 90 degree day. Is there anywhere around here that makes these?

I just happened to be at El Mariachi in Lake Mills last night and glanced at the drinks menu and saw that they had a Sangarita. It took me about 10 minutes to remember where I had heard someone asking about them. So there ya have it.
donges
Forum God/Goddess

marg/sangria

Postby radtek » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:04 pm

Abuelo's has a "Sangria Swirl" which is a frozen mix of margarita and sangria. www.abuelos.com Look under menu then frozen sensations.
radtek

Return to Cooking & Food issues