MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 60.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

The Corner Store

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

The Corner Store

Postby ridthyevil » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:25 am

While the Corner Store at 901 Williamson St. is a convenience store, it also has a small sub-shop within. I had first checked it out a year and a half ago. It was owned by someone else at the time and after trying a couple of sandwiches, I lost interest. The subs weren't very good and way overpriced. After ownership changed hands awhile back, I had meant to try it again, yet passed up the chance time and time again.

Until yesterday.

I was pleasantly surprised by the smell of curry as I walked through the front door. I had stopped by for a sandwich. What I ended up eating was an order of Yellow Curry Chicken. Big hunks of tender, juicy chicken with potatoes, onions, and a sweet and spicy yellow curry sauce over fluffy white rice. Heaven. Pure fucking heaven! $5.95 for a large Chinese take-out container full of chicken-y bliss! I highly recommend. Now I need to try the sandwiches. Has anyone here tried the sandwiches at the Corner Store?
ridthyevil

Postby lysander » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:17 am

I've tried some of the dumplings or potstickers or gyoza or whatever they're called. They're good. And you can get toothpaste and Pepsi in the same stop. I plan on trying the curry.
lysander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby sitnspin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:27 am

I think the owner and his wife used to work for Bahn Thai down the street (or are related to the family of).
sitnspin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:47 am

They have yummy Asian snacks, too. Try the Bin Bin rice crackers.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby admin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:56 am

admin
Forum Addict

Postby blunt » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:54 pm

I like that you give us that link to an earlier article to this Foron disussion.
I think you should also give a link in the articles perhaps inspired by a Foron thread.
blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Cooking & Food issues