MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, October 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 46.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

The Tilted Kilt

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Postby Kenneth Burns » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:37 am

christopher_robin wrote:
Kenneth Burns wrote:
blunt wrote:You mean like when a proper prim librarian undoes her bun, lets down her hair and tosses it like a frisky pony, then removes her thick horn-rims for a horny rimming?
Sort of.

Sometimes ZZ Top is involved.

Or Adam Ant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3g5G0PFuXQ

I love that video. The ingenue journalist, like all journalists, is prim and proper, but only at first.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby chleppr » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Can't find if anyone else has posted on this...
Drove by Target on the East Side today and saw that the old Damons is going to become a Tilted Kilt.
chleppr

Postby MadMind » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:55 pm

Cast of the (west) Madison Tilted Kilt;
Sorry, but those girls are LAME!
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:24 pm

What, they couldn't make the light fixtures look like tits?
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby coldspot » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:15 am

Thats why the owners are in the photo. :shock:
coldspot
Forum Addict

Postby Bunny Chow » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:45 am

I think those girls are adorable.

I wonder what tartan that is.....Royal Stewart?
Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:03 am

Bunny Chow wrote:

I wonder what tartan that is.....Royal Stewart?

More like Rod Stewart.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Wanda » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:55 am

MadMind wrote:Sorry, but those girls are LAME!

Are you gay?
Wanda
Forum Addict

Postby Garimba » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:08 pm

MadMind wrote:Cast of the (west) Madison Tilted Kilt;
Sorry, but those girls are LAME!

Easy fella. Half of those are Ned's daughters. Have a little respect. Just a little. Not very much at all. And only on the surface.
Garimba
Forum Addict

Postby MadMind » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:09 pm

Just being honest. Those are a bland looking bunch of gals. No real stand-outs. It takes more than just showing a little skin to flip my switch.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Zloduska » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:56 am

I'd like to reiterate someone's earlier comment that not all women who dress provocatively for a job are being ruthlessly exploited and violated. But I'd also like to add that just because a woman is scantily clad, that doesn't mean she can't be just as smart as the prim and proper librarian type, and the "well-dressed, attractive" woman could turn out to be a complete dimwit. Putting on a short skirt and baring your midriff doesn't make you an airhead; people should be judged by what comes out when they open your mouth. I give men some credit, in that most of them will respect you as long as you reveal yourself to be intelligent and have a pleasant personality through your words and actions-- even if you're wearing a skimpy outfit.

Myself, I like to go out to clubs or for parties, dressed up in costumes somtimes (not that Renn Faire New Age crap, think retro 40's pin-up style). I am also a bookish type nerd. The two are not mutually exclusive. I see nothing wrong with dressing like this in the proper venues; I certainly wouldn't wear those kind of outfits to the grocery store or out to dinner with the boyfriend's family. I wouldn't mind working in a place like the Tilted Kilt as long as the clientele were nice enough, the co-workers and the owners didn't suck, and I made good money. I paid my dues as a teenager busting my ass for rednecks in a rural Country Kitchen restaurant 3rd shift- I think working at the aforementioned bar and receiving good tips and decent treatment would be a dream compared to that.

Also, if you are a prude, SHUT UP, there's a war going on and worse things to bitch and worry about.
Zloduska

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:08 am

Zloduska wrote:I wouldn't mind working in a place like the Tilted Kilt as long as the clientele were nice enough

In restaurants, they're called "customers." They're called "clientele" in strip clubs.

Hey, just kidding, you're a wonderful person.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dudemeister » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:54 am

Zloduska wrote:Putting on a short skirt and baring your midriff doesn't make you an airhead; people should be judged by what comes out when they open your mouth. I give men some credit, in that most of them will respect you as long as you reveal yourself to be intelligent and have a pleasant personality through your words and actions-- even if you're wearing a skimpy outfit.

I don't think the point is that skimpy outfits mean you're stupid or this thread has anything to do with prudishness. I would love it if women chose to wear skimpy clothes all the time - well most of them anyway.

I think the point is that when you are required to do so for a job, it makes it less of a choice and more of a performance which is what skeeves me out a bit.

You're behaving as you really are (a good thing) when you wear your skimpy clothes but not necessarily when you are required to wear skimpy clothes for some purpose.

I think they key point here is free choice. Sure women can choose not to work in Hooters or a strip joint. For some though it's an artificial choice. It might be a choice between stripping to feed your family or working 3rd shift at country kitchen and having CPS take your kids away.

On the other hand, for some women I'm sure it's great. Make a bunch of money for no real reason whatsoever other than wearing some silly outfit.
dudemeister
Forum Addict

Postby lysander » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Wardrobe malfunction at the Kilt

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/310422
lysander
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Tilted Kilt

Postby Walter » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:01 pm

lysander wrote:Wardrobe malfunction at the Kilt

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/310422

Not so fast, that sort of thing could happen anywhere.

Just ask the guy who got pulled over for erratic driving the other night and arrested for OWI...his poor driving started with a little alcohol and ended with a lot of handjob in transit from his newly met friend from the bar on the way home.

Remember, good things come to those who wait.
Walter
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Cooking & Food issues