MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, October 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 55.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Mangoman- El Rinco Tico

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Mangoman- El Rinco Tico

Postby radtek » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:32 pm

I saw a sign today on Willy street in front of what looks like a restaurant opening with the name "El Rinco Tico" It leads me to believe that Cafe Costa Rica is opening a sister restaurant. That would be great if they opened a place with more seating. I love Cafe Costa Rica, but it is soooo tiny!

Anyone know details?
radtek

Re: Mangoman- El Rinco Tico

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:32 pm

The sign actually reads "El Rincon Tico," which is a key difference in that "rinco" doesn't appear to be a word at all, and "rincon" means "corner." That the building isn't actually on a corner is a confusing but probably trivial detail.

I'd heard (on The Twitter, I think) that CCR was going to have to move because the property owner wanted to convert that lot to residential. But I'd be surprised if Thony Clarke would want to change his restaurant's name, having built up some recognition for it.

CCR. Abbreviating it thusly makes me laugh every time.

Down on the rincon
on Willy Street...
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby toine » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Actually, Thony Clarke, aka The Mango Man, is opening a second store in that location. Hopefully it will be open early fall.
toine

Postby joey » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:31 pm

the wife and i were dining at cafe costa rica a couple nights ago and overheard Thony talking to some "regulars" that he will be opening up soon--but not too soon. I'n addition to food he's also going to be selling his mojito mix and sauces out of the new spot as well, as far as I undersood. I hope it does well. His food is so good, but the original locale is so frickin tiny.
joey

Return to Cooking & Food issues