MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Sunday, September 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Salad Dressing made by You

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Re: Salad Dressing made by You

Postby kittenwithawhip » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:34 pm

I have been a bit neglectful of sherry vinegar for the last 5 years or so, I've been instead under the spell of balsamics. I will have to pick up a bottle and try a few of these dressings out! The last time I was in Italy someone left a bottle of vinegar that tasted like a cross between a light balsamic and sherry in the villa I rent, it was delicious but not something I have been able to find here. It was marked as balsamic but was golden in color and had a distinct sherry sweetness to it.
I love homemade mayo and smoked paprika together. Makes a quick dipping sauce for fries.
kittenwithawhip
Forum Addict

Re: Salad Dressing made by You

Postby Lily » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Okay digging up this old post but after the latest salad dressing I made I wanted to share. Everyone in my office was salivating.

2 T toasted sesame oil
2 T extra virgin olive oil
2 t rice wine vinegar
1 packet of splenda (or sugar, or your sweetener of choice)
1 T water

Put this over the assorted greens of your choice. I had it also with shredded chicken, slices of avocado, diced hard boiled egg, and grape tomato. It's the sesame oil that makes it so fragrant. Keep it in the fridge to prevent it from going bad but, really, I love this stuff so much it doesn't stand a chance of going bad.
Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Cooking & Food issues